SAU Community

How to check timing, R33 GTST

Guest Robo's

Guest Robo's

Ok ive got the timing light, now how do i check it, battery's in the boot!!!

And to adjust it, is it by the exhaust gear or???

No probs dude we did mine th eother day, that black fuse box you have under the hood basically works as battery terminals and is the reason why its there. You can jump start off it, use it for whatever and so on, this is the main 'power source' under the hood from the battery, having the battery int eh boot just saves the space in th engine bay from having both of them there. You just hook up the positive and negative to that then clip the timing clip onto the white wire at the back of the rocker covers where the coil pack unit is on the black coil pack cover, then time away ;)

Oh yeah and to adjust the timing you change the position of the crank angle sensor by loosening the three bolts on the sensor (the silver round unit on front of the exhaust side of the timing cover with a mitsubishi symbol ont he black center piece) you simply twist it as you are timing till its right then tightent it back up. I picked up heaps in readjusting mine, HUGE difference in the drive of the car!!

Guest Robo's

I have the old timing gun where the clip goes over a spark plug lead. Are the different ones in need to go over the white wire???