SAU Community

R34 Gtr Wheel Weight

Hey all,

Just wondering if some one with a set of the stock 18*9 r34 gtr rims could stick them on a set of bathroom scales and post up the weight for me. I've weighed the stock r32 gtr rims with tyres at 15.5kg each which are extremely light. The r34 rims are obviously bigger and should weigh more, but i was just wondering what they did weigh. With or without tyres does matter, just want a rough idea.

:)

Edited by R34GTFOUR

What tyre sie did you have on the 32's when you weighed it?.. Im curious about the weight too..

the r32 rims have standard 235 wide tyres (forgot the profile) with roughly 60% tread left

so whats an average 245/40 tyre weigh, 5-6kg? i would of thought the r34 rim would of weighed abit more

cheers for the replys

don't forget a factory R34GTR wheel is forged by rays anyway...

don't forget a factory R34GTR wheel is forged by rays anyway...

made by BBS love muffin. you know that!

32 GTR, 33 GTR, 34 GTR and 32 GTR Vspec wheels are all made by BBS Japan. only 35 GTR wheels they switched to Rays. all are forged alloy. fun fact for the kids.

made by BBS love muffin. you know that!

32 GTR, 33 GTR, 34 GTR and 32 GTR Vspec wheels are all made by BBS Japan. only 35 GTR wheels they switched to Rays. all are forged alloy. fun fact for the kids.

I also was under the assumption that RAYS made the 32/33/34 GTR rims, but then again the V Spec were quite obviously BBS... makes sense.

:D

If you check the Nismo web site you will find the LMGT4 in an 18*9 is 8 kg near as damn it. Tyre is another 12kg or so. Rays wheels eg RE30 or CE28 in the same size are only 100 grams or so lighter.

Not sure about the stocker however.

I also was under the assumption that RAYS made the 32/33/34 GTR rims, but then again the V Spec were quite obviously BBS... makes sense.

:ermm:

yeah, it's a bit of a myth, but I can promise you the 32/33/34 wheels were all made exclusively for nissan by BBS japan. I have a big article here somewhere from a japanese GTR magazine about it.

regarding the weight I would guess 34 GTR wheel at around 9-10kg.

[

They are well under 9 kg, between 8.5 and 9 for sure . I have weighed them before , they are lighter that R33 GTR rims.

• 9 years later...
On 29/05/2008 at 8:38 PM, Beer Baron said:

yeah, it's a bit of a myth, but I can promise you the 32/33/34 wheels were all made exclusively for nissan by BBS japan. I have a big article here somewhere from a japanese GTR magazine about it.

Yea I know I a bumping a post from 10 years ago, and yes I am desperate; plus Beer Baron cannot receive PMs for some reason... 

Beer Baron... you would not happen to have that article handy anywhere would you...?