SAU Community

Is Hsv W427 Worth $150k-$170k?

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol, "we can only manage 6 a week" that means they churn out one a day! pretty quick for a special hand built sports car.

but still, if you like holdens and you have the cash then it's not too bad. there are not many factory built cars with 500hp around for $150K. and personally I think the commodores aren't a bad thing at all. they serve their purpose well and do it with a nice big surplus of power.

I wonder how one would compare to the new GT-R :thumbsup:

At the end of the day though part of the price at least is the exclusivity factor, its about time HSV started making cars which were more than just an SS with pumped up brakes, bodykit, interior and exhaust. Sounds good, but I'd buy an M3 personally for that sort of money.

Quick in a straight line, destroyed by the GTR in everything else.

You know its only a matter of time before they do a back to back..

Im a waitin for that one!

Itll be Veeeerrry interesting.

It would almost be like the good old days of the VN Group A vs BNR32 GT-R to my way of thinking!

Top end Nissan vs top end HSV, I hope someone from one of the local car mags gets this idea into their head!

I wonder how one would compare to the new GT-R :thumbsup:

At the end of the day though part of the price at least is the exclusivity factor, its about time HSV started making cars which were more than just an SS with pumped up brakes, bodykit, interior and exhaust. Sounds good, but I'd buy an M3 personally for that sort of money.

supose a gtr is the same as a gts, with 2 turbo's, big brakes, interior, bodykit....

Hmmm...Dare I buy into this one? lol

Call me bias if you like...but

I think they will be one hell of a motor vehicle..But pricey if you ask me, but to some people money is just no option, plus it will be a collectors car..

And yeah, my SS is a 4 door family car (i only need a family now..lol), and has plenty of grunt at the rear wheels to have some (legal) fun.. :D

HSV buyers are a different breed though, they don't care about the Nordschleife, or who wins at Ebisu. For them it's all about the passion behind the badge. The 427 is the epitome of that, it's Brock, it's Bathurst, it's big Aussie muscle. And that's what the 427 is aimed at.

I just hope they are really something special - I've gone off commodores lately, but seeing any Group A or HDT gives me a thrill just like seeing a GT-R does (yeah that probably sounds weird to all of you who own a GT-R but they are very rare around here.)

Of course you've got to wonder at the logic of continually increasing engine size when fuel prices are also rising lol.

lol, "we can only manage 6 a week" that means they churn out one a day! pretty quick for a special hand built sports car.

but still, if you like holdens and you have the cash then it's not too bad. there are not many factory built cars with 500hp around for $150K. and personally I think the commodores aren't a bad thing at all. they serve their purpose well and do it with a nice big surplus of power.

A handfull of off the shelf parts from the US and a good tune for 700 bhp. But (there is always a "but") I heard close to 1900 kgs, makes an R35GTR seem light in comparison.

Cheers

Gary

Give it 5 years time, they will make another super HSV.. and this 170k package will be worth 50k or less lol..

7 litre engine.. far out!!

Wonder how fuel would be in that thing..

HSV buyers are a different breed though, they don't care about the Nordschleife, or who wins at Ebisu. For them it's all about the passion behind the badge. The 427 is the epitome of that, it's Brock, it's Bathurst, it's big Aussie muscle. And that's what the 427 is aimed at.

Dude, its a 170k taxi. Do you see any GTR's or 911's being driven around as taxis? There is a very distinct divide between the "branding" and engineering - right well there should be.

Not even in Japan, where i reside, does this happen. There is no public image or brand association tag that even has the cooking variety and the works version in the same league. Not in Oz where a commonwhore is a commondore is a commodore. There has never really been any differentiation if you think about it. Sure HSV tried to break the mould but the mocker stuck. Yes, HSV "Holdens" are not the cooking variety but that doesnt detract from their origins.

The main point to all this is that a holden will still always be that...a Holden.

It has very little brand value except for within Australia and its almost deplorable that Holden actually thinks the car is worth the pricetag of a modern day supercar.

A holden as a supercar??? Yeah, like those two words match when it comes to street cars. Only on Sundays mate and only when good old Skayfie is drivin! Wheres the VB!

It amazes me that holden is trying to pump up the local prices this far in regards to what aussies will be led to believe is a supercar. Its an insult actually.

Holden is smart - or brazenly outrageous. They are preying on the public image and the strength of the aussie dollar and economy to turn over vehicles and then jack up prices based on perception, history, hype and media speculation. The public dont give a rats about anythiong else other than history.

Anyone care to take a crack at why the original 427 never made it to production? Ill give you a hint - economy.

Cripes, if Brockie were alive today and his signature was on this thing it would be worth more than 200k, LOL!

The comment about the new 427 being on par with the GTR in any stretch of the imagination is exactly what was said it was - and that is farcical.

I will be waiting to see the 427 get demolished by the GTR in every comparo an Oz mag can muster...

Oh and if anything else happens other than a complete demolition, ill eat my jocks, socks and my wifes frocks because if this does happen - it will be saying that the 427 is better than the 911 turbo, Corvette and GTR on even terms and thats a complete load of horse shit if you ask me.

oh! sorry! ...w...was i ranting? Please accept my most humble apologies...