SAU Community

Is Hsv W427 Worth $150k-$170k?

m3gtr, i don't think comparing HSV with the GTR or the 911 is a fair measure. Where the porsche and the nissan are track focused, hi-po racers, HSV build an accountant's luxo-barge.

In my opinion, a fairer comparison would be HSV vs VW Phaeton (260kW V8, $115,000AU) or Bentley Flying Spur (412kW W12, $Left Testicle). In this environment, it becomes more apparent that the HSV is a cut price luxo-barge, in the same way that the GTR is a cut price supercar. Sure, it doesn't have the techno gadgetry of the euros, for $40k less it still does the basis of comfort, power and the ability to swallow large distances without any effort.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know...there is not ONE thing that is revolutionary on the coupe 60...

I do like the design though...and the interior.

The price? Even if i can afford it im sure i will hate it.

HSV buyers are a different breed though, they don't care about the Nordschleife, or who wins at Ebisu. For them it's all about the passion behind the badge. The 427 is the epitome of that, it's Brock, it's Bathurst, it's big Aussie muscle. And that's what the 427 is aimed at.

Best post I've seen in a long time. It's EXACTLY what this car is aimed at.

i'd buy this in a heart beat

totally suited for Australia

yeah, its revolutionary. Pillarless, with brembos and suede interior - it even has an oil cooler.

Its this kind of rubbish hype that annoys me plus the fact that they would slap it with a 6 figure pricetag... inspite of the obviously tow level of technology.

"...with a 6.0 litre V8 engine incorporating the latest technologies such as active fuel management and calibrated for E85 ethanol fuel."

latest technologies my backside.

Edited by m3gtr

m3gtr, i don't think comparing HSV with the GTR or the 911 is a fair measure. Where the porsche and the nissan are track focused, hi-po racers, HSV build an accountant's luxo-barge.

In my opinion, a fairer comparison would be HSV vs VW Phaeton (260kW V8, $115,000AU) or Bentley Flying Spur (412kW W12, $Left Testicle). In this environment, it becomes more apparent that the HSV is a cut price luxo-barge, in the same way that the GTR is a cut price supercar. Sure, it doesn't have the techno gadgetry of the euros, for $40k less it still does the basis of comfort, power and the ability to swallow large distances without any effort.

Its not me who is comparing the HSV to the 911 or GTR - Holden has done that with the price tag.

170k is a LOT of money for any "holden".

Im not talking about the HRT-427 either - that on the other hand was a track weapon thinly disguised as a road car.

geez, you really have a vendetta against poor old holden. I think they do a good job with what they have, and their sales volumes seem to back that up.

that make cars well suited to the country they are sold in and they have some great features: attractive body, big comfortable interiors, nice big powerfull V8 donk, rear wheel drive. what more do you need? you may not think they are revolutionary but they are good cars for the money and stack up pretty well against other makes.

geez, you really have a vendetta against poor old holden. I think they do a good job with what they have, and their sales volumes seem to back that up.

that make cars well suited to the country they are sold in and they have some great features: attractive body, big comfortable interiors, nice big powerfull V8 donk, rear wheel drive. what more do you need? you may not think they are revolutionary but they are good cars for the money and stack up pretty well against other makes.

Wrong. They would be good cars if they were 90k NOT 170k.

There is NO way on Gods green earth that 170k worth of design and development has gone into this thing.

Good cars for 170k? Have you lost it mate? 170k is good money for a GTR.

You know what Holden is saying? Its more expensive which means better than this...

bmw_m3_concept_1.JPG

What a crock of shit. who would choose the holden over the fully loaded M3?

lol, probably a lot of you... and thats sad.

Edited by m3gtr

In 40 years one of those hsv's will be worth 500kish easy though, won't be able to say the same for an m3 ^^ then again.. more than $50k on a commodore with a bigger engine seems retarded

You seem to have a fairly large chip on your shoulder about australia and australian cars? You should stay in japan.

lol, i will - its better here anyways buddy. :D

And dont misunderstand. I dont have a "chip" on my shoulder about australia and australian cars.

I think its deplorable they think this car is worth that much.

That is all and I think i am also entitled to my own opinion.

Edited by m3gtr

The holden fans would probaby be saying the same thing for a japanese car? 150k for it! no way!

Personally for that kind of money, i would go for a european car. (Sorry GTR Fans) Simply because its something different.

No good to have a narrow mind and think either the GTR or this HSV would b the only car one would buy with that kind of money...

The only problem is.... i dont have 150k :D

Edited by br3ndan

I afriad he is right, Like Holden drumming up ESP, has been in Jap and Euro cars for years, right back to early 90's and Holden claim it is new. Same old marketing campaign that the bogans and hoons of the world will fall for and aspire to buy that worthless piece of crap.

Do you see a Monaro or this doing the N ring in less than 7:29? I don't think so, so take that pretender and stick it where the sun don't shine I say.

I afriad he is right, Like Holden drumming up ESP, has been in Jap and Euro cars for years, right back to early 90's and Holden claim it is new. Same old marketing campaign that the bogans and hoons of the world will fall for and aspire to buy that worthless piece of crap.

Do you see a Monaro or this doing the N ring in less than 7:29? I don't think so, so take that pretender and stick it where the sun don't shine I say.

Lol, yes and remember the IRS on the Vp was it? I remember the ads' for it.

Ahaha, the datsun 180b had IRS and that was made in the 70's.

I still lol at the "game over" commercial that had the monaro finishing infront of the 911 turbo. Only in a game holden, only in a game.

Edited by m3gtr

Lol, yes and remember the IRS on the Vp was it? I remember the ads' for it.

Ahaha, the datsun 180b had IRS and that was made in the 70's.

I still lol at the "game over" commercial that had the monaro finishing infront of the 911 turbo. Only in a game holden, only in a game.

ABS, Airbags for the VN

VL fuel injection, mmmmm Nissan motor I am afraid

rear Disk breaks in 82

All been done before even by GM in the US market, harden the f**kup Aussies and don't buy inferror crap anymore, hell a Toyota has more options than a Holden or Ford especially in the base model.

Spend your money on something that has more.

Wrong. They would be good cars if they were 90k NOT 170k.

There is NO way on Gods green earth that 170k worth of design and development has gone into this thing.

Good cars for 170k? Have you lost it mate? 170k is good money for a GTR.

You know what Holden is saying? Its more expensive which means better than this...

bmw_m3_concept_1.JPG

What a crock of shit. who would choose the holden over the fully loaded M3?

lol, probably a lot of you... and thats sad.

Its funny.... $170k is good money for a 2 door 'track orientated' car but its outrageous for a car that combines luxury, power & driveability (Yes, the GTR may do it to a CERTAIN extent) all into one car and is suited for our roads well. Whilst I may agree I think the price is a little on the expensive side, if people are prepared to pay the price for them (and by the looks of how many orders they have for them, they are) then the car is well priced.

Sure, go out and buy your M3 and enjoy a car that A LOT of people are going to be driving on the road. Go out and buy your W427 and you can take pride in knowing that you have bought a limited run car that not many other people will have the chance to own. The owners are going to take pride of the car, the badge, the rarity & the driving experience.

Sure, it may not be to your tastes, but if people are buying it, something's working.

There's no doubt that the W427 will be quite an exciting road car, but it seems that the only extra it has over a GTS is the LS7 motor (forgetting the different grille and wheels; they're just cosmetics). I just don't see how adding the LS7 can allow HSV to charge $50K-$70K more than a GTS.

From what I can see, buyers will be paying atleast $50K more than a GTS for what seems to be a different engine.

I could understand the price difference if they also included carbon ceramic discs and maybe some carbon fibre body panels to reduce weight; but a $50K just for the LS7 option?! That has got to be ridiculous; and the W427 would want to be a hell of a lot better than a GTS or an R8.

My only argument is that such a car is worth $120K-$130K at the very most if the only thing differentiating it from the other HSV models is the LS7, grille and wheels.

Why buy a HSV when you could buy an M3?

RS4?

S Class?

C Class AMG?

AMG 63 CLS?

All of these cars offer superb luxary and heaps of poke too

Edited by GTS4WD