SAU Community

Block Off Plate On Bov ?

Hey buddy, adjust your attitude on this forum from here on in, or you will be banned.

u got ppl in this thread posting nothing but bs, im actually giving proper advice, sure i put a f*k here and there but cant u see why? man u wonder why SAU has repeating threads, cuz mods like u ban the wrong ppl.

f*k this is high school all over again hahaha :D

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, correct - one of the circular ring clamp bits hadnt been put on "straight" and that is where it blew off from. However, I'm still curious, would that constant pressure from not having a bov eventually damage the turbo?

He's referring to your abuse and language towards other members not your information... lol

maybe it wasnt obvious enough but my "abuse and language" is caused by other members posting bs.

meh watever.... :P

Guys what is best choise for R33 GTS, a meant which bov could be installed on it? i still use stock.. cna i install atmosphere BOV or not?

i originally had my bov blocked, found out the bov was stuck shut, i got another bov atmo) and found that my car run better with it blocked off. maybe my car was tuned with it blocked, that i am unsure of. my next step would probably be a plumb back bov.

also the sound of your bov blocked will depend on what mods you have, i have read on the forum that a pod filter and frontmount or big cooler will make the flutter noise louder. i have both a front mount and a HKS pod filter (suppose to make flutter loudest out of the filters) and the flutter noise is quite loud.

also i might add that the flutter noise is caused by air coming back through the turbo (getting chopped up) and comming back through the pod/filter.

many people will say that it will not harm your turbo as they run their cars like it for long periods, others will say it will damage turbo but i guess its just one of those things.

also you could probably get yourself a adjustable bov that has plumback option and atmo. so if you dont like the way it runs with atmo, you can plumb it, or you can tighteen the neck right up (turbosmart bov) which will tighteen the spring inside it and make it the same as it being blocked off anyway.

cheers

If your running an AFM, with a blocked off bov, it WILL idle worse and stall under heavy braking (due to extra vacuum).. not fun.
Actually, I didnt have a BOV fitted to my new forward facing plenum / intercooler piping - I put my foot down around the corner from the garage and my I/C piping blew off!

So im thinking if my piping hadn't blown of under pressure, surely it would hurt the turbo in the long run?

FWIW.. my turbo cefiro did not come with any bov out of the factory. I have no idea why but thats what all cefiro rb20's are like.. My car does idle fine, My car does not stall because of this hektik extra vacuum under braking. I'm fair over reading this crap from people claiming they know everything, yet they really have no idea what they're on about. Just listen to R34NRG and be done with it

• 2 weeks later...

I made up a block off plate on my R33. Only stalling problems i could report was if you gave it a decent hit of Boost then put foot on clutch and didnt release clutch. So basically. it would only stall if i wanted it to. However I removed the plate because it was making the car run rough and it would pop and bang a lot more.

Very Easy thing to make. Give it a go. If your not happy it takes all of a couple of minutes to take out.

Luke