SAU Community

Din 3 Gauge Set

messanic

ok i got a din 3 gauge set but yer no idea what im doin when it comes to electrics....

i have an auto stag and the gauges are from a 33 gtr.. has the front torque, engine oil temp and boost...

if any one has done this or can point me in the right direction that would be awesome..

rang my mate at nissan and found out i could get a custom made wiring loom made up so it will all plug straight in but is up to 2k lol so im not goin there eheh...

cheers if u can help

Edited by messanic

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

umm sorry but you should probably just chuck it in the bin.

all of those gauges run off electric sender units, and there is a specific plug and loom that runs it. So to get it to work you need to get the 33 gtr senders (what are they, oil temp? boost? volts? can't remember). and you also need that loom. Or if you are good withi wiring you could possibly build your own loom if you can trace the pins on the plugs and solder the wires directly to the circuit board.

much easier way is to get a 3 gauge din adapter from just jap or similar, buy 3 gauges you want (with senders) and put them in.

umm sorry but you should probably just chuck it in the bin.

all of those gauges run off electric sender units, and there is a specific plug and loom that runs it. So to get it to work you need to get the 33 gtr senders (what are they, oil temp? boost? volts? can't remember). and you also need that loom. Or if you are good withi wiring you could possibly build your own loom if you can trace the pins on the plugs and solder the wires directly to the circuit board.

much easier way is to get a 3 gauge din adapter from just jap or similar, buy 3 gauges you want (with senders) and put them in.

If you have a Series 2 then the senders are there for oil pressure and front torque split, you just need to run a couple of wires. And obviously volts will be easy :ermm:

hmm only if the plug on the loom is the same between the different models (6 years apart). I bet they aren't

Yeah, I would bet the loom's not even there (never seen a spare plug back in the centre console), I was working under the assumption that one would have to run wires oneself.

Edit: Front torque sender comes from the ATTESA computer itself, located in the rear left-hand side of boot, need to go through the whole deal of peeling carpet back. Only one wire to trace, and it's listed in the workshop manual.

Oil pressure or temperature (not sure which one, I suspect temperature) sender is located in the oil cooler/oil filter mounting bracket, front facing. See picture here.

There's no boost sender from the ECU but tapping into the boost sensor unit itself (firewall side of rocker cover(s) may be a simple task. Then again, it may not...

Edited by DaveB

• 1 year later...
the boost and front torque senders might be there but not the oil temp (at a guess). battery voltage should be there though.

Oil temp. sender is there I'm pretty sure, but not the wiring.

• 3 weeks later...
ok i got a din 3 gauge set but yer no idea what im doin when it comes to electrics....

i have an auto stag and the gauges are from a 33 gtr.. has the front torque, engine oil temp and boost...

if any one has done this or can point me in the right direction that would be awesome..

rang my mate at nissan and found out i could get a custom made wiring loom made up so it will all plug straight in but is up to 2k lol so im not goin there eheh...

cheers if u can help

Did you end up wiring it up ?

I just bought an R33 GTR 3 gauge cluster (it has Front Torque, Oil Temp and Boost gauges).

I'm thinking I probably would have been better off with a R32 or 34 set as they have Volts instead of Front Torque. I rarely run in 4wd mode so front torque probably isn't very useful.

I'm pretty handy with a soldering iron and multi-meter so I will let you know how I go.

If anyone has some handy hints that would be great.

Im going to have a look for the plug. Most likely won't find one so probably solder in a different plug.

The gauge connector has 8 pins: GND, ETS, ETS+, ILL+, ILL, OTM, BOOST+ and IGN.

GND - Chassis Ground.

ETS and ETS+ - Front torque (Anyone know about these??).

ILL+ and ILL - Illumination (ILL probably connected to GND, ILL+ to 12V light on wiring).

IGN - 12V Ignition wiring.

BOOST+ - Boost sensor (Anyone know what voltage??).

OTM - Oil Temp Meter (Anyone know what voltage??).

I have a S2 Stagea RS4 so hopefully most of the sensors go back to the ECU.

One slight problem im going to have is make it look factory. As on the R33 gauges the top right corner it chopped off. So im probably going to make a custom fibreglass front panel for it (when I can be bothered). Another reason I should have got an R32 one.

Edited by QLDR31

• 3 weeks later...

I have been searching around for information on wiring up the torque split gauge. Need connections for ATTESSA on a R33 or R34. No luck so far.

Im starting to think the easiest way might be to find someone with a Stagea RS260 or R33-34 and find out the wiring colours for the 3 gauge cluster. Hopefully the wiring colours will be the same.

Anyone got a wreck that has or had a 3 gauge cluster in it ? Maybe they had the same colours in the R32 as well.

if someone tells me where the atessa computer is im nearly bored ( and drunk) anough to go check the color wire from my torque split gauge back to the ecu

and lol at the 2nd or 3rd post . a "volt gauge sender " ah ha ha

lachlanw I will have to get drunk to understand your drunk talk :)

That would be nice if you could find a diagram for the Attessa, Think you will find its just for the ECU diagram plenty of those around.

Edited by QLDR31

I have been searching around for information on wiring up the torque split gauge. Need connections for ATTESSA on a R33 or R34. No luck so far.

Im starting to think the easiest way might be to find someone with a Stagea RS260 or R33-34 and find out the wiring colours for the 3 gauge cluster. Hopefully the wiring colours will be the same.

Anyone got a wreck that has or had a 3 gauge cluster in it ? Maybe they had the same colours in the R32 as well.

Can't you just pull the torque guage out and stick something more usefull in?

Can't you just pull the torque guage out and stick something more usefull in?

Thats what i was thinking of doing originally. Until someone told me the 4wd works alot of the time, I thought it was just when the 4wd switch is turned on.

Might be handy knowing what its doing. However it wouldn't be to hard to put a different gauge in.

here is a picture of the back of my rs four s factory gauges . it has boost front torque and volts . the lime green with red stripe is "ets +" . 2nd picture is of the attesa ecu where the same coloured wire goes into it .

3rd picture is the factory oil temp sender i was talking about earlier

post-50817-1262916005_thumb.jpg

post-50817-1262916026_thumb.jpg

post-50817-1262916044_thumb.jpg