SAU Community

Melbourne V35s

• 3 weeks later...

was that your car that Chris was working on a few weeks ago, MILLOS?

I saw a badgeless silver coupe there, he ended up didn't work on mine at all since the badgeless coupe is taking him ages - whatever it is he's trying to install on the car.... it was temperamental...

was being hte operative word :)

(I was working on 7 hours of sleep when I did that one.) for some reason I lost a screen colour and couldn't work out why.

yes it was that car.

LOL yes mate it was my car's fault that yours didn't get done.

I was actually just driving into the driveway there to pick up the car when I saw another V35 leaving. Chris told me it was you, he told me that he felt pretty bad cos he could not work on it.

But I see that you are first booked in August when he comes down again. I've put myself down again for this visit, so just make sure that your car goes in before my temperamental one, hahahaha.

sunshine?

what colour?

Mate, I'm in Caroline Springs - next door to Cairnlea...It's a dark blue sedan. When it goes on the road, it will have a NISMO-type front grille (getting it painted this week), clear side blinkers (installed this week) & reverse camera; so shouldn't be hard to spot whilst I drive it around the west side. It will also be a theft-magnet once I decide to buy some super-sexy WORK wheels like these...

WorkSCHWERTSC2Rims001.jpg

The car has arrived, got complied, rego-ed, but becos the paintwork is all scratched, it needs a buff by the importer/dealer, so will pick it up late this month. I could have picked it up last week with "poor" paintwork, but trying to defer the car insurance as late as possible...

Overall, I couldn't believe how smooth the whole process was and I bought it off eBay too. Credits to the importer - but then again, I am not a fussy buyer and just need a runaround car.

Edited by siu_loong_bao

How did the Vortech SC ended up?

Mate, I'm in Caroline Springs - next door to Cairnlea...It's a dark blue sedan. When it goes on the road, it will have a NISMO-type front grille (getting it painted this week), clear side blinkers (installed this week) & reverse camera; so shouldn't be hard to spot whilst I drive it around the west side. It will also be a theft-magnet once I decide to buy some super-sexy WORK wheels like these...

WorkSCHWERTSC2Rims001.jpg

The car has arrived, got complied, rego-ed, but becos the paintwork is all scratched, it needs a buff by the importer/dealer, so will pick it up late this month. I could have picked it up last week with "poor" paintwork, but trying to defer the car insurance as late as possible...

Overall, I couldn't believe how smooth the whole process was and I bought it off eBay too. Credits to the importer - but then again, I am not a fussy buyer and just need a runaround car.

Rianto,

Yes he's done it all now, just need a few more things done as he didn't have enough time as we already know, hahaha..

I was getting TV/GSP/FM Expander/Radio controls/Cruise Control, so it was a big job as you can imagine.

Next visit is Alarm/Fix Central Locking (Driver's side)/Dynamatt/Xenons.

Next step, bankrupcy!!! LOL

aw... c'mon, they're not that expensive for some sort of creature comfort, right? at least you don't have to spend $60-70k for a 2nd hand BMW/Audis to have all those comforts...

That's the advantage....the start up price of the car is much lower than my flatmate's Audi A4, and the V35's have great creature comforts!!!

Great drive too, still new at it, but really loving it!!

How did the Vortech SC ended up?

Vortech S/C Kit got sold in Dubai to an Arab for about $5.5k AUD...I didn't have time to see the final install, but knowing those Arabs, the guy is probably enjoying it up and down the freeway now in his G35...

aw... c'mon, they're not that expensive for some sort of creature comfort, right? at least you don't have to spend $60-70k for a 2nd hand BMW/Audis to have all those comforts...

Too bad we are not talking about Dubai...I bought a 2nd hand 2001 Audi S4 for $18k AUD in 2007 with 54,000kms on the clock...In all honesty, I have a soft spot for Euro cars...Being a JDM guy for most of my life, I was very surprised when I drove the Audi - build quality was heaps better then any JDM I have experienced so far...Anyway, this is all off topic...blabber blabber blabber... :rofl:

daily 40 degree+ heat and force induction...

just hoping it doesn't end up in tears soon...

Yes to high heat, yes to high humidity, but no to performance...I am not sure what tweaks the manufacturers make to spec it for Gulf use, but I haven't really experienced any probs with a twin turbo Audi, turbo Mini or a N/A Porsche...And besides, whilst we are over in Australia modifying JDMs, they are modifying Euro and supercars beyond our budgets and imagination...I have heard stories of cashed-up Arabs walk into West Coast Customs asking for alcantera trim costing $40k AUD. And it seems supercharging is the flavour of the day over there at the moment, especially in 4WDs - they sure like their uphill sand dune racing....

Sometimes it's very amusing to see how petrolheads from other countries drool over cars they cannot get in that country, while they are abandant here...Example, we drool over H2 and H3 Blinged Hummers, Euro cars, Exotic Cars...Yet, over there, they drool over JDM Evos and WRXs and Supras....Such is life...

Edited by siu_loong_bao

ok...got the sedan today. It's gonna need a detail from its trip to the panelbeater as I paid $1k to have most of the panels resprayed and 2 pin dents removed...The inside wasn't in as good nick as I wanted it to be, losta scuff marks, scratches, broken door seals, etc...And the damn door mirror adjustment switch doesn't work. The previous Jap owner didn't really look after it at all...

And, i just found out my SatNav is an aftermarket one made by Panasonic and the LCD/TV sticks out like dog's balls. As usual, it's in Japanese, TV Tuner doesn't work, FM frequency only goes to 89.9. The only useful function it does is to turn on when the reverse camera is engaged. Anyone here got a similar system? Would be good to hear what u have done to urs to make it 'useable'...

I may consider ripping the whole system out and installing a new head unit, etc....But the biggest issue on my mind is getting a 2nd key cut (which, in another post, is a pain in the backside to do)...Such is life...

A mongoose MAP80 alarm will be going into the sedan this wednesday and I should have the cold air induction, front grille and clear indicators in also.

So when is the next VIC cruise? I dun mind The Grampians or Great Ocean Rd or Phillip Island to see the penguins. If we get enough people, we may even throw a BBQ too...Comments/Thoughts?

Hey Siu loong bao,

Congrats on picking up the car, although it seems there are a few issues with it, not happy!!!

When would it be ready, registered, etc.

Happy to have a cruise....I'm actually going on a cruise (the real one with the big ship on the ocean) next Wednesday and I'll be back on Sunday 12th of July.

So anytime after that I'll be ok for a curise to meet other V35 owners!!!!