SAU Community

Rta Exemptions Lifted For Work

ATTN

Just wanted to know if anyone has applied and has been granted for an RTA exemptions lifted for work purposes when you're holding a provisional (P1 and P2)?

What needed to be done besides sending them a letter from the employer.

Was it easy to get and where there specific conditions to the Exemptions eg. could only drive between a certain time frame 9-5pm. Could you only be able to drive mon-friday or during business hours etc...

Do they call and check with your employer etc

If anyone has done this before would be good for some feedback...

Cheers

im pretty sure its only exempted for driving inside your work hours given providing that you are using their cars. saying that you're working at an auction place, or car yard etc

im sure they will call to check if you have like a bad record or somthing but not 100% on that.

ive only tried applying for private one

Im pretty much in the same boat as you. Just waiting for my ABN registration then lm off to the RTA to apply for my turbo exemption. Hopefully l can apply for a 24/7 Exempt as lm operating my own Auto Parts Store visiting clients and customers.

Hopefuly it all works out =D

2 guys at work got the turbo exception and they are allowed to drive any exempt car while they are employed with the company i work for. 1 of them also rang up after and they are allowed to drive the cars at any time of the day/night aswell

2 guys at work got the turbo exception and they are allowed to drive any exempt car while they are employed with the company i work for. 1 of them also rang up after and they are allowed to drive the cars at any time of the day/night aswell

So they are allowed to drive anytime as long as there still employed there?

i gt turbo exemption for work it dosent say i can or cant drive 24/7 but the way its worded i drive it alltime cops ant even asked 4 it..

How easy was it to get your expemtion? what was the things you had to proved the RTA to get it approved and do they call to check etc?

If you are an apprentice mechanic you need to supply proof of enrollment of the TAFE course, a letter with a letterhead of the workshop signed by the boss.

Probs for a full time mechanic you'd just need a letter off the boss i reckon?

skyl1ne_r33 what do you do as a job?

well i haven gt full time job as moved over from uk and hard 2 find sum thing. i just do event staff at footy games wen i needed and sent away the formes sayin i was doin the event staff and i paid the money and gt sent it bout week later in post. dont think they cheked up on it.but i allso had the car befor i changed my uk licnce to nsw one. sorry bout poor spelling. hope this helps.