SAU Community

Putting R34 Rad Support On R33 What Needs To Be Done

hi all

i would to no some info on putting r34 rad support on a r33. Like as in if it will fit with out mods or if it needs mods what they are. Also stuff like bonnet hinges and front bar any info would be great.

Thanks Matt

There are various R33.4 (please don't dispute this term, there is another thread for that) conversions kits that are available. It will probably be easier to contact a company who has had experience in the conversion rather than trying to do one piece at a time. Just be aware that it will be a costly exercise, with the headlights not cheap either.

at some point in time im keen to do this conversion too (money and time are not on my side). but from the information ive gathered (from a couple of reputable body shops), there is not alot of work that needs to be done. ive been told all you need is a pair of the r33-r34 conversion fenders, r34 front bar/bonnet/headlights and the only real modification that needs doing is the brackets that hold the headlights to the car, i was also informed that you can, as you have mentioned, change the rad support to an r34 number and not fiddle with the hlight brackets, but i think just modding the headlight brackets would be alot easier.

In any case, if you do do the conversion let us know, keen to see what it looks like and how much effort is really involved.

:P

well my car needs a new rad support so i thorught just go r34 1. so what i need to no is if the r34 rad support will fit on with out mods.. and the bonnet hinges do i just bolt r34 ones on to my r33