SAU Community

R34 Gtr Mfd Info

• 2 months later...

Be prepared to pay out the ass for them ...

(The price alone will probably be enough to make you not bother.. not alone no spot to mount either of them on anything but a R34 GTR without modfiications)

Intake temp sensor: 22630 - 95L00 ---- $160

Exhaust temp sensor: 22740 - AA300 --- $ 380

These were the prices that i paid.

:ninja:

And yes if you are doing a MFD in GTT etc as i did then you need to drill and mount the intake sensor in the intercooler and get

a female thread welded on your dump pipe for exhaust temp sensor.

Now do keep in mind that if you are doing this to a non Vspec GTR then it may be a better option to pay $ 600 more and get the Nismo

upgarde V2 for the MFD (PART: 2371B-RSR48) as it comes with the Exhaust sensor, You then get the bonus of higher boost (2 bar), oil pressure on MFD, G sensor, lap timer and data logger software.

Edited by 99 GTT

• 10 months later...

Installed mine this week-- thanks very much for the above info everyone!!!

i mistakenly connected pin 46 instead of 45 to the AMB to show AMB intake instead of nothing and by using amb into 46 being exhaust temp it shows a reading of 500-610 range according to temp for exhasut temp. i then added pin 45 too and has a AMB temp for intake and also an exhasut temp reading-- now i know this isnt the real temp for either but it shows something rather than nothing. Also interseting to note the mfd must use te signal sent from the sensor and do something wht it to present its reading----for example i had the AMB reading 8 degrees through intake, and while wired to exhaust it read about 580 degrees... so the samesignal sent by the sensor is interpreted differently by the mfd. I know having these wired up isnt the correct plg so incorrect temp readign, but at least it isnt showing nothing anymore :)

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
I decided to keep my MFD after not receiving solid buyers.
MFD-1.jpg
custom panel to keep the buttons in-order.
MFD.jpg
I decided to remove the "MFD" characters because I'll purchase a FULL-RACE ETS PRO unit and use the space to place the switches and knob.

My only beef is that I don't have oil pressure per not having the MFD2 update by NISMO. I haven't decided if I want to upgrade to the NISMO version or if I just want to purchase a dedicated oil pressure gauge. I'm not a fan of gauges but I do have an AEM AFR gauge...

Anyway, does anyone know how the MFD 2 reads oil pressure? Does the system come with an additional oil pressure sensor?
http://www.nismo.co.jp/en/products/competition/ie/pdf/ie01.pdf

i didn't find anything on NISMO's site.

• 2 years later...

This is an amazing thread, much appreciated! I am currently collecting the last few parts for the MFD in a 4 door w/ R33 RB26. The only problem I am having so far is when I cut into my dash [i dont have the gauges] I am not sure if the 2 metal brackets will be there or not. Can anyone shine a light on these things?

Ive found some pictures that show that the brackets are not part of the metal bar below the dash, and when the dash is pulled out these brackets come with it. I am assuming the triple gauge brackets and MFD brackets are the same, but Im honestly not sure.

Again any info would be greatly appreciated!

Pic of brackets in removed dash:

Photo2003.jpg

Edited by tommytomatoes

• 1 year later...

Would like to add a few thing to this thread after my install a while back and learning a few things online.

Standard R34 GT-R only displays 5 rows of data on mfd, V-spec I/II/M/Nur/N1 comes with 7 rows of data, normal GT-R does not display intake and exhaust temp data. Most people already know that getting the Nismo v2 mfd upgrade will get intake and exhaust data (comes with exhaust sensor) as is what I have.

There are ways to display 7 rows of data on standard GT-R without buying the exhaust sensor or the Nismo upgrade. As all R34 GT-R comes with intake temp sensor, you will see it on your intercooler driver side. The exhaust temp sensor connector is on the passenger side next to turbo outlet, you will see a female connector with 2 holes in it. This is where the exhaust sensor hooks up, however if you don't have the exhaust sensor and still want to display 7 rows all you have to do is get a wire and plug it into the connector by shorting it and then running the self diagnosis. You should now see intake temp values and --- for exhaust temp if you don't have exhaust sensor.

This is probably the best and easiest way as you don't have to take out your mfd and jump wiring the back. I have not tried this personally but this youtuber has got it working.

Credit goes to this youtube video:

• Like 1