SAU Community

owning a skyline just caught up with me

Got a letter in the mail today

ACCUMULATION OF DEMERIT POINTS - NOTICE TO CHOOSE

Now I knew I'd been done for speeding twice in the last tweleve months, the letter confirmed that and stated I have lost a total of 7 points. I thought we had 12 on your opens in QLD????

So I have to choose suspension of license for three months or a good driving behaviour period of 1 year. The latter has a catch that If I'm done for anything at all in that year I loose my license for 6 months...argh crap I don't know if I have that much self control :x

oh its easy!

i have lost 1 point since starting to drive. (funnily enuf, it was in the slowest car i have owned!)

sorry to hear it tho dude, but bite the bullet and have the 12 month period.

exactly take the 12 months its real easy

i've gone 3 years nearly (2 months to go) on 1 point after those two months i get 9 points back hehe that was a bad three weeks all those years ago doh.

3 points, 4 points and 3 points all for speeding with the cruise control on form the old telstar. horrible invention is cruise control.

Prank, if you had to do it buddy, you would. otherwise its jail (if you have a previous criminal record) and 1 year suspension.

megs, i'm with you. 3 months is ok but 6... hell no!

as most of you know i've got 'T minus 43 days' to go and it hasn't been all that bad. i must say these forums are keeping me sane and that's no joke!

also, i've learned more about cars, and have realised how much i appreciate them, in the last month than i would have ever in my life.

so...

thanks to everyone that's kept me sane. :wink:

I'm with Prank - I couldn't go 3 months without driving :)

take the 1 year good behaviour, and just try not to speed! All other traffic fines should be easy to avoid, like running red lights/not indicating, etcetc. Speeding's the only hard one.

speaking of not indicating, have mastered the art of indicating yet Shell? when i was down there on your cruise you would NEVER indicate! :) :)

Paul and I were laughing so much about that.

qld's and people in tweed heads forget that cars come with indicators at all, damn its annoying.. specially on a round about where u pull infront of them and they r turning with no indicator..

on the other point... u should have 12 points.. so u probably picked up another 5 from somewhere else... if it were me, i would take the 12months as i havent had a speeding ticket since november 2000 and everywhere i go i sit atleast 15km over the limit.. i drive to southport every day of the week for uni (its 100km total there and back) for the last 3 months and drive at 130 the whole way and still havent got a ticket.. also drove from qld to melb and back without a ticket.. i guess im just lucky... the main thing u gotta do is be sensible in the 50/60km areas.. and the 80;s.. thats where u r most likely to get done.

personally Id take the 3 months if they agive you back all your points [/quote:3c0a1f59eb] damn good point, I'll have to check that, it doesn't say on the letter.
u should have 12 points[/quote:3c0a1f59eb] yeah, thats what I thought, these are my only two fines :roll:

Take the suspension, I'm one week into it, it sucks ass but loosing one point is really easy, I lost two a while for not indicating soon enough...