SAU Community

The Goods On Oils

PHaT MR30

I am told that only the 0W40 and 10W30 tri synthetics are the only 2 TRUE synthetic oils that Mobil make.

Someone told me recently their brocky ad campaign was pulled because someone got shirty with them in regards to their so called synthetic 5W50 you buy off the shelf at autobarn, NOT being fully synthetic.

But ive also been told bullshit from this person in the past, so I wouldnt put it past him to shovel a little more.

Red17

Originally posted by MM2death

I think i'll give the Motul Turbolight 4100 10/40 a go...

I'm off to get another 1 of these today, got abit slack n did 6,500km ouch (including a trackday) !!

hey if anyone can help.. cheers im due for a service i have a SR20 turbo 180sx its a 50,000 service what should i have changed or replaced and what tyoe of oil and plugs do you guys recomend and can i go for a service were they will do i properly.. im in perth.. please help thankyou

would 8100w - 5w-40 be too thin for a '95 gts-t with 76,600km on the clock ?

Coz Autobahn dont stock the 4100 10w-40 anymore i have to order it.

i've used Mobil 1 once, and since then Motul 300V twice. Oil pressure stability seems better with the motul 300V - can't remember what the viscosity was with it, but will check tomorrow and edit the post.

• 2 weeks later...