SAU Community

Spare Keys

How does the key + immobiliser work? buttons on the key are just keyless entry and not for activating/deactivating immobiliser right?

If that's the case can you just cut a new key and use it? I need a spare key too but don't really care if its got the buttons or not.

How does the key + immobiliser work? buttons on the key are just keyless entry and not for activating/deactivating immobiliser right?

If that's the case can you just cut a new key and use it? I need a spare key too but don't really care if its got the buttons or not.

key has a transponder chip in side of it. this chip needs to be coded to the car for it to start. the buttons are for convienence.

nissan. prepare sof a shock though. these cars run NATS 5 so whoever does it will need that protocol and the immobiliser code before they start.

Chris,how good is NATS 5 ? From a theifs perspective?

Is it the fith gen of a security software pak or just a fancy name?

Also does the key remote have a rechargable battery inside or is it a standard button cell?

I believe AJ007 is enquiring about the intelligent key as he has PM'd me a couple of times regarding this.

Chris: his is similar to mine, with the keyless ignition but he did not get the intelligent key fobs with the car..I guess only way around it is buy one from yahoo and get it programmed?

n15mo,

mine is not the button start. and i'm pretty sure i havn't pm'd you. i havn't got the intelligent key either. Just the standard one that came with the 2003 premium coupe

n15mo,

mine is not the button start. and i'm pretty sure i havn't pm'd you. i havn't got the intelligent key either. Just the standard one that came with the 2003 premium coupe

Opps sorry, wrong person.

Chris,how good is NATS 5 ? From a theifs perspective?

Is it the fith gen of a security software pak or just a fancy name?

Also does the key remote have a rechargable battery inside or is it a standard button cell?

5th gen nissan antitheft. it NOT an alarm at all. it will simply disable the fuel side of things via the computer.

if you swap the computer it's gone anyway.

as for the remotes - button cell is what I have seen in most of the ones I have worked on. the one I have here currently has a dead key. remote works but the transponder doesn't - result - car cranks but wont go.

jon,

he's asked me too. doesnt have the NATS codes though so he's out of luck. told him how to ATTEMPT to get them. if he's successful then the key should be able to be done locally.

if you get time I'll run a tool over yours to see if I can do it.

just wanted th throw this in the mix..

i was a metro nissan today in the spare parts/service department and a guy came in wanting to pick up his car. he had a loaner car - a nissan murano.

he pulled out the key he had for his murano to reveal the same key as we have!

something worth investigating if you need a key

looks like x-trail is a closer cousin. I found out the std non-brembo V35 brake pads are x-trail items. I won't be surprised if more parts are even closely related.

but still the issue is will a local dealer do the immobiliser reprogramming on a V35 if it's not a Murano or X-Trail?

so I just bought a v35, but its only got one key.

simiply put, can I go buy an xtrail key, get it cut, and it should work in my v35, or do i need to do some type of reprogramming?

I wasnt sure what chris was saying about the imobiliser.

no.

did you get the keycodes with the car?? without that nissan can program the key to the car and get the remote entry working but will not be able to program the immobiliser side of the key. now without that the car will spin over but not start. the NATS system cuts the fuel via software. IE no immobliser keycodes = no immobiliser data to the ECU = no fuel.

does that make more sense.

the code will be on a steel tag attached to the key if you have it. (write it down if you do!!)

no.

did you get the keycodes with the car?? without that nissan can program the key to the car and get the remote entry working but will not be able to program the immobiliser side of the key. now without that the car will spin over but not start. the NATS system cuts the fuel via software. IE no immobliser keycodes = no immobiliser data to the ECU = no fuel.

does that make more sense.

the code will be on a steel tag attached to the key if you have it. (write it down if you do!!)

hi chris,

Im pretty sure itll have the code attached, if I have the code, then

I can buy the x trail key

and get nissan to progn it

and i should be sweet?

thanks for your help!