SAU Community

Spare Keys

correct. I should really write a FAQ for all this stuff..

Chris, the 3pt immobiliser you put in during compliance in mine, does that removes the factory immobilisers? As I don't have that metal tag as well with the car.

If that so, then those who don't have that metal tag and need a new remote key can have a locally installed alarm/immobiliser done here to remove the factory one?

no.

the immobiliser is part if the car and integrated into the ECU. the reason your was done was to satisify ADR 82/00. the original unit in the car does not conform to this.

in short if the code is not in the original books with the car or you do not have the key tag then you are in for a bit of fun when it comes time to key a new key. nissan MAY be able to look it up for you but I would be doubtful on this.

hey guys,

found an xtaril key on ebay for 22.95

provided we have the imobiliser code, it should be possible to buy this key

take it to nissan to program it and cut it?

cheers,

Danny

btw does the v35 Coupe use the standard NATS as used b ythe 350z, maxima etc etc

hey guys,

found an xtaril key on ebay for 22.95

provided we have the imobiliser code, it should be possible to buy this key

take it to nissan to program it and cut it?

cheers,

Danny

btw does the v35 Coupe use the standard NATS as used b ythe 350z, maxima etc etc

Hi Danny,

when i spoke with Nissan Randwick today i asked about the Murano or X-trail key and they said it was different to the v35 one in some way?

i got quoted $397 for the new remote key and for the valet key $135. Nissan said they could hook the car up to CONSULT and program the key to the car.

Chris,

I asked if the key had to come from Japan and the guy said that nissan australia had them in stock....would nissan stock the ones specifically for the v35 or do you think they are just the Murano and X-trail ones??

nope they would be a common part amongst them from my thinking.

best to try first. I would still have the keycode handy though.

yes I dare say nissan can key it in but they would alos assume you have the keycode as well.

put it this way the tool I use asked for a code when I went into the NATS side of it.

nope they would be a common part amongst them from my thinking.

best to try first. I would still have the keycode handy though.

yes I dare say nissan can key it in but they would alos assume you have the keycode as well.

put it this way the tool I use asked for a code when I went into the NATS side of it.

Is the tool you are using Cosult II or can it be done with some other tools?

Thanks,

Tom

not at all. the one I use is the earlier one. $7.6k aud ex japan. (and it's NOT mine.) it does auto detect so it will drive the early RS232 based nissan , early v35 (j2534) and the true CAN based cars.

that one would be on my wish list if I knew it would drive these cars. shenzen is where most of them are made anyway.

that is taken fromt eh USDM manual -correct?

give it w whirl.I'd be interested in teh results. programming the keyless side of things wasn't the issue for me. the immobiliser was. launch would do that easily. its when the immobiliser side cam into play I ran into strife and needed the key codes.

USDM uses a separate fob similar to a early xtrail (05 base spec) with teh calsonic remote.

• 3 weeks later...

G'day all, It was I who asked N15MO & Chris about intelligent key units for series 2 V35 and I am still trying to find some. Even if they can only be programmed to lock & unlock and not activate the fuel cut off. As well as that I only got 1 key. I ordered a new one from the local Nissan dealer- cost was $171 for the blank. He was using a V35 parts list and gave me a couple of pages from it. After paying $50 to have the blank cut I found it didn't fit in the sleeve on the ignition. The top was too thick. The dealer suggested they had several ways of programming it but we obviously didn't try. Anyway I got a full refund of the $171.

Any further info on new key or intelligent key units would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

OK, I feel sorry for all you guys. Am I the only one In Australia who knows how to fix this problem?

Here's the deal. Now listen carefully kids cause I've had this done so I now have 2 keys where I had only 1.

Nissan AUS is gonna rape you with a $500 price Tag for each key. They have to bring them in from Japan, it's the only way.

People talking about removing the comp, it's garbage. You can remove the engine comp, the ignition barrel and the security sytem and it won't do squat. There is another comp in the car that changes the key codes every time you start the car.

Now, if you are unlucky like me and didn't get the code, I got in contact with Nissan Japan and they told me how to get it.

I have added an attachement with instructions from Nissan Japan on how to get the BCM code. Then email that code to Nissan Japan and they will give you the PIN. Don't bother talking to Nissan Australia about this cause they won't help you and won't talk to Nissan Japan. I know, I tried.

Once you have the code, any local Nissan dealer with the CONSULT system will be able to duplicate the key. You will need to bring the originals as well cause they all have to be redone.

Sorry about the stabs, but evryone here was making wild guesses rather then trying to solve old mates problem. I couldn't take it anymore.

BCM_Nissan_Skyline.pdf