SAU Community

Sau Texikhana 2008v2

Abo Bob

Aaaaaaaand here we go again.

Event: Texikhana

Date: Sunday 14 September

Cost: $100 per member, $115 per non member. Cars can be double entered with 2 drivers.

You will also need a CAMS or AASA licence. AASA licences cost $50 on the day, last for a year and can be used at Wakefield. Direct deposit or Paypal/Credit Card accepted.

Venue: Sutton Road Driver Training Centre, Canberra

Format: Part 1; Sutton Road have a back track which is shaped like a racetrack but is more like the Old Pacific Hwy or National Park Road. We use cones set up as gates to keep the speeds down and things safe.

Part 2; We will be using the wet skid pan again as Sutton Road are being harsh on our use of the big dry one. We will have several different layouts on the skid pan to make it challenging. It's more difficult than it looks and great fun.

Restrictions: Street registered cars only with proper exhausts. That means no straight through pipes or screamers.

Limit of 40 cars so everyone gets plenty of time out there.

What should you bring: A roadworthy car not leaking anything, a helmet for the back track, long sleeves and pants, covered shoes, sunscreen, a hat and most importantly, a good attitude.

Plan of attack: Most people will go down the night before and stay at Eaglehawk Holiday Park. We will start a separate thread for this. There is a pub next door and everyone will go there for dinner and drinks. Next morning we get up early and get to the venue. Cars are scruitineered then we have a driver's briefing. After this we split into two groups sending one to the skid pan and one to the back track. After Group 1 gets two runs each of the back track the groups swap and repeat. Lunch then repeat the morning with a different course on the skid pan. We usually run two courses in both directions on the skid pan.

Pic of the venue:

suttonnormal.jpg

Link to entry form.

List of confirmed entrants:

Abo bob

N1GTR

Kuma J

Sheng

V_S_P_E_C

Primordial

JAS-25T

GT-5732

ZCR

Joeyz

Floydweswood

Turismo

Kujotik

CeJay

DriftGTS

Jeffboyracer

Cassbo

Syren

PAYMENT

Hey guys,

Sorry it took so long but here is the link to the entry form.

Once you have submitted your entry form some options will come up to pay with paypal if you choose to use that method.

Direct EFT is still available.

Any problems please send D_I_F a PM.

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IN!

Doing some driving so i'd better get off my arse and get a CAMS license.

Adam if you want I can carry the extinguishers and other stuff down. :P

Also is it cool if I post this on another forum to gain extra entrants? I know we came up short last time...

IN!

Doing some driving so i'd better get off my arse and get a CAMS license.

Adam if you want I can carry the extinguishers and other stuff down. :P

Also is it cool if I post this on another forum to gain extra entrants? I know we came up short last time...

Might be an idea if we invite the local Supra club as well? As they had there own little mini event recently, and a few skylines rocked up for that.

That's right, so this will be the last Texi for the year... I think pretty much everyone who has enetered or even been will tell you that it is well worth it! :)

i want to go,,,,, never been to one of these before and never done any hard driving on my gtst..... so are beginners welcome?????

also road worthy????? does that mean i cant have a pod thats not enclosed????

sorry im a noob

By roadworthy we just mean registered basically. We got into a bit of trouble last time for sounds violations that we didn't know were in place, we're just trying to dodge that bullet. ;)

We had a few cars that had straight pipes, or screamers, or side pipes... sounded great! ;) but it was too loud :)

Pod will be fine :P

Also, beginners are actually encouraged to come to these events cause it is all very safe, very controlled, and there will be lots of help on the day if you want to learn more :)

I will be there taking photos and helping out with the running of the event!

Anyone who isn't sure about going.. DO IT!

TEXI = MOST FUN EVER!

roadworthy means basically would it pass a pink slip. it's not related to mods.

basically.

tyres not bald or un-roadworth in any other way (chunks missing etc)

brakes work

lights and turn signals work

no leaks

car structuraly sound

seat belts work

things like that. basic common sense and safety.

days like this are a great way to learn about your car and your driving too. and so much fun. :) and it's a great safe place for begineers to step into motorsport, no where near as daunting or as dangerous as a track day.

Need to take care on the back track though, since it's the equivalent of a country highway, there is no runoff area, apart from into the hill or down the hill, that being said, I've only seen one car get completely pear shaped on the back track, and he did manage get away with it without any permanent damage.

But it is a fun day to learn about the car, and the wet skidpan is easier on the car, even if not on the paint, (it's horrid getting the car clean)

put me down but will let you know closer to the date.

and doof i remember that. don't do it again, you had dam water all in my car, not cool.

Hey guys,

couldnt make to the last wakie day...so if doof says its good for beginners....

what is a texikhana, and where is it?

can i have some insight please :D umm dry pan/wet pan????

It's a motorkhana event.

As far as motorsport goes, there is a timed short track, and a skidpad. Everyone is split into 2 groups, one half go do the short track first, then lunch, then they swap :)

So you get both a track and a skidpad in one day! :ermm:

Also, we all go down the night before, and just generally have a great time... HIGHLY RECOMMENDED EVENT :D