SAU Community

Sbr's Engine Build.

hey everyone i have recently delivered all my parts down to Red R Racing- paul in newcastle to build my 26 tomei stroker motor. its going into an r33gtst shown down further.

all paul is doing is putting together a long motor minus all covers etc due to im doing the rest of the work.

so far ive aquired

Bottom end:

Tomei 8 counter crank stroker kit.

Tomei oil pump

Tomei lifters

Tomei cam stud kit. due to high lift cams

Tomei oil restrictor.

N1 water pump

N1 block.

ARP head and main stud kits.

Top end:

Tomei cam gears.

gates racing timing belt.

brand new idler and tensioner pulleys.

and the head i brought a lil while ago from a bloke off sau his sau name goes by WIDEBODYR32. the head came with 1mm oversize ferrera valves inlet and exhaust. 280deg @ 11.8lift kelford cams. standard buckets. performance springs. yes yes i know thos cams are big for a street car but meh y not. head also has had abit of porting work but its abit rough so im sure paul will clean it up for me.

all this will be bolted onto a all custom etm manifold with a garret t04z .81ex housing. with a 44m tial wastgate 4inch dump pipe and screamer etc

aswell as purchasing a hypertune single throttle plenum due to running a apexi power fc d-jetro so for easy of tuning etc

im chasing around the 600 to 620 hp mark..... dyno wise that is. on the street all i want is traction lol but i can see it being quite abit of an issue with sum a motor and only 265's to put it through.... also trialing standard gbox and diff and halfshafts against such power to see how long it will last.

also put up a picture of my old setup.

ne comments ppl would be gr8ly appreciated

cheers.

post-7443-1215768452_thumb.jpg

post-7443-1215768585_thumb.jpg

post-7443-1215768829_thumb.jpg

Edited by skylinekid

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes Simon, boxes of topline Jap parts including a fresh N1 block still in the plastic have arrived ready to accept a catalogue of bits mostly from the Tomei stable.

Will upload some pics and info for you as it progresses.

Edited by DiRTgarage

yes yes i did back wen i owned a dirty vs commodore. and no i dont sell the E tabs ive never touched drugs in my life lol starting to wish i did tho would make things easier hahahaha. i just have a nice plump lil loan goin lol but to me this build is a major thing so ive had to search around for quite abit to see who i could trust with all these parts and also not cost me half the price of the parts to build the damn thing. had one quote which was around the 9g range to machine and assemble with a few extra parts which i said no freaking way to. then got talking to paul and he gave me a reasonable quote still with quality work and his past engines to back it up.... win win i say.

I received a phone call from Paul after your gear arrived and i must say it will be an impressive engine.

I was 20 once and to have all that power under your right foot will be very tempting. I hope you have a good head on your shoulders.

Good luck with it all.

P.S Is that turbonetics turbo on your car now? What type is it?

well heres how it goes i brought that turbo a lil while back now its a turbonetics HP61 650Hp according to john from townsville turbo supplies who sold it to me. the turbo was on the car for about 7 months and was set to 19 psi. i lost my license for defects and crossin double white lines gahhhhhhhhhh. so i took it off the road. i started to notice a buzzing noise from turbo wen car got switched off and i was pullin motor out neways so i didnt think to much of it. wen i got motor out i took turbo off and sent it back to tts and john rang me and said mate i havent seen a turbo this back in 20 years. im like WTF wat did i do he says the oil was boiling inside the turbo and has stuffed the bearings and he tells me i was using shit oil. i turn around and say 80bucks a bottle tells me i aint my friend royal purple 10-40. plus the person who fitted the turbo in the frist place tells me that it had a 2yr warranty then john says one yr and bcuz i left it too long the warranty ran out. 2g for a new core and i payed 2950 outrite for it wen i brought it. i told em to put it in a box and send it back hell i brought my new t04z for 2g,s lol

in regards to spool time on this turbo it would start making boost about 2800 and be on solid by 4 and thats on a stock rb25. one thing i will miss is the whistle it would make on spool up lol.

neways ne other questions feel free to ask?

today i was informed that the stroker kits are not just a drop into block item because of change of stroke apparently block needs to be clearanced.... cant wait to see all this come together

block needs the small reliefs found inside a STD block to be recut and radiused a further 1-1.5mm due to the increased stroke. Fresh N1 block will be delivered with the head to the machinist Friday morning, and reciprocating components will be off to Sydney to be balanced....yes brand new stroker kits need balancing too!. Head is undergoing a Stage 2 port job and will have all the 'fruit' installed as mentioned in 1st post.

Edited by DiRTgarage

im chasing around the 600 to 620 hp mark..... dyno wise that is. on the street all i want is traction lol but i can see it being quite abit of an issue with sum a motor and only 265's to put it through....

Ummm traction issues start in a gts-t at about half that power - good luck :laugh:

me know this......

tis y we get sticky tyres wen i wanna use it all. will be interesting to see how it goes tho

all i gotta do is watch toprpm to see how im gonna be even tho it is a gtr i seem to only ever see it in rwd.

Edited by skylinekid

me know this......

tis y we get sticky tyres wen i wanna use it all. will be interesting to see how it goes tho

all i gotta do is watch toprpm to see how im gonna be even tho it is a gtr i seem to only ever see it in rwd.

you rear half shafts may become rear quarter shafts before too long.