SAU Community

Tarmac Rallying Perpetual Thread

Marlin

Ok good stuff guys! I'm considering doing the "Tasmanian Tarmac Challenge" in October if I can get the new car sorted out, Mt Buller if funds/time allow, and really aiming towards Targa Tasmania again next year in April. Rally Tasmania in February is always a great warmup for Targa Tasmania, but I just can't afford to do them all, time or money wise :ermm:

Makes me think actually, I better get on a diet so the poor lil' RB20 can drag me up the hills. Nah, easier to get co-driver whore Timmay to drop down to a sparrow-like 55kg I reckon. :D

Wow thanks for setting me a target now!

Greetings Snowman + friends.

I'm hoping to do Targa rookie next year also, so that probably means no Buller/Lake Mountain this year :D

I did scrutineering school last weekend. If you guys are wanting official help at your events, please PM me...

Cheers,

Scott.

If anyone has questions about tarmac rally eligibility or safety etc I'm the Technical Manager for Targa Tasmania so feel free to ask as its really not that hard to get a car together.

I used to race and rally various Nissan's including 200SX, R32 GTS-t and R32 GT-R... I navigate in an Integra Type R and currently building an RX7 SP so not just another useless administrator... well hopefully not that useless anyway!

If anyone has questions about tarmac rally eligibility or safety etc I'm the Technical Manager for Targa Tasmania so feel free to ask as its really not that hard to get a car together.

What’s the ruling on dry carbon panels and 3mm lexan/plexi glass windows on the doors, rear quarters and rear window?

Depends on the car really...

No good for GTR on either point though. On GTSt the lexan works, but the windows that open need to remain functional and usually scratches like hell.

Any bolt-on panel could be swapped on GTSt for CF, but doors need to remain metal.

CF on the GTR only works if its a Nissan option (eg Nismo or Autech) such as CF bonnet, undertray, wind blade.

Depends on the car really...

No good for GTR on either point though. On GTSt the lexan works, but the windows that open need to remain functional and usually scratches like hell.

Any bolt-on panel could be swapped on GTSt for CF, but doors need to remain metal.

CF on the GTR only works if its a Nissan option (eg Nismo or Autech) such as CF bonnet, undertray, wind blade.

Thanks Stuart.

I don't believe so. I am on the hunt for some dry carbon bits though. ie, gtr style bonnet, bootlid/gtr wing/gtr nismo lip spoiler. Also hunting for some gts M-spec side skirts if anyone knows of any of these things?

Now, if I can just get an RB30 hybrid ok'd I reckon I'm in with a shot.................

Dane - The GTR is classed as a faster car under the parity rules so limited in permitted mods.

GTR guards on a GTSt would be cool, but althought the material can be changed (to fibreglass or CF) basic body work must retain the same external shape as standard with the exception of some aero like GTR wings and bumpers etc.

basic body work must retain the same external shape as standard with the exception of some aero like GTR wings and bumpers etc.

Guard rolling, just the inner lip not flaring? For example, are they going to raise question over a very minor appearance chance’s as one of the cars does look different next to another Gtst..

Edited by Nismo_Boy

Wow, Snowy, that'd be hot as!

On a side note, the white 34 can likely be bought for 80k now folks. Who wants it? I cannot believe it hasn't been snapped up yet, how many genuine N1's could be left?