SAU Community

Tarmac Rallying Perpetual Thread

Marlin

They are pretty different. They are all about low down torque and corner speed compared to a skyline, chassis development has come a long way in 20 years. Over a stage the Subie would be faster I recon

Will be interesting to see how fast you are compared to the skyline. Still have all the creature comforts like air con and a radio?

Have to figure out how to recce the whole event on Fri, Saturday and Sunday afternoon while still getting the car past scruit and going to drivers briefing. Looked at hiring a gti golf but only allowed 400km per hire.. looks like 1800km in the patrol in 3 days

You with Adam Clarke?

No. Adam is a great mate and has sat beside me a couple of times in official roles. We will carry a couple things for him but I'm actually servicing for Closey.

Getting into the whole "Spirit" this year and taking the boat over and back from Melbourne. :)

No. Adam is a great mate and has sat beside me a couple of times in official roles. We will carry a couple things for him but I'm actually servicing for Closey.

Getting into the whole "Spirit" this year and taking the boat over and back from Melbourne. :)

You'll have great fun. I quite enjoy crewing....not us much as racing though

Will be interesting to see how fast you are compared to the skyline. Still have all the creature comforts like air con and a radio?

Have to figure out how to recce the whole event on Fri, Saturday and Sunday afternoon while still getting the car past scruit and going to drivers briefing. Looked at hiring a gti golf but only allowed 400km per hire.. looks like 1800km in the patrol in 3 days

No Radio, but I have A/C

hmm well it looks like Liam's awesome run of reliability (luck?) has come to an end, some sort of diff problem last night and retirement today :(

Kel and Steve changed a gearbox after the symmons plains day and a kingpin bearing failed today but they've changed the upright and still going OK. 3rd in EM today.

Looks like Ben's running 2nd in GT4 in the dirty subbie just behind super sub Timmy also in a dirty subbie, good luck guys

I love Quinny's style.....what do you post up if you put your lambo up a bank? (and he blamed the bloody nissans and other rough cars ....)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So despite Mark Perry's commitment to "stability" in the regs, the latest change is to ban e85.

Not good for my wallet since I've just spent thousands on ECU, flex sensor, fuel lines, pumps etc so I could run it at targa, but I do think it's good for the sport to slow cars down.....faster cars = bigger crashes = sooner that we are not allowed to do this any more.

I think it's more to do with getting the early modern field away from the GT2/4 pace. It wasn't announced in the release, but the GT2/4 cars have all had more weight added to them across the board, I've got to put another 40kg in the Subie, Quinny needs to put 50kg in the Lambo.

The E85 ban has been on the cards for a while, it's just been a matter of when it will happen.

Hi guys, was wanting to pick your brains on suspension choices to suit bumpy mountain roads, i thought you targa guys would have some feedback on what works.

I'm considering MCA (Reds, maybe Golds), DMS (Street series or maybe the 50mm version) and Bilstein PSS9s, a lot of good feedback on the MCAs, as well as the custom valving/spring rates which can cater to the sort of driving i like (street/mountain roads over track)

Any feedback, experiences and budgets as my budget is between $2-4K for something that improve suppleness/road contact for bumpy roads, but also provides sharpness for turn-in feel.

• 1 year later...