SAU Community

Tarmac Rallying Perpetual Thread

Marlin

^^^^^ Ahhhh, but you will never feel more alive! Right up until the point that you reach into your bag of talent and come up empty handed. :)

But I hear you Bris. I reckon dreaming it and then building it is at least half the fun.

Im currently working in ENZUD in New Plymouth and the heading off to Thailand...till the end of the year...(building up the stash of cash) required for next years Targa fun..

The 2012 plan is Adelaide then High Country and then Tasmania Rookie rounds....

post-74499-0-70239200-1316551023_thumb.jpg

G'day Chris and welcome to our little corner of the world mate.

Have you recently purchased Kermit?

Yeah I bought the car a couple of years ago as a completed car (ex Targa Tasmania car built in NSW specifically for Tazy)

I have attached a HPI link tbelow hat details the cars background and specs if your intersted in having a look

http://www.hpi.com.au/node/298

Cheers :cheers:

Yeah mate, I know the car well :)

The last time I saw her I think she was parked on the roof of a Falcon on the right hander at spectator point on Rhianna stage? lol

You for real cob?? how bad was the bingle??

The Cams Log book notes some repairs were done and then signed off...

It drives straight and hard, you wouldn't pick its been on a bad stack..

Can you confirm any previuos info??

cheers

cheers

lol true story. The amazing thing was how far off the road it happened. Once again proving that stopped cars off the road are magnets to other cars.

Seriously though....the cars is what it is. If it aligns up correctly, drives well and has no badly repaired damage/rust etc then it is all good. Pretty much every car that has run targa has left the road, some big, some small, some through a whole potato field and 2 fences (lucky the potatos did not get out really). Mine has had 3 reasonable offs and drives beautifully, Greg's car was rolled 3 times at surfer's paradise and you can't see a single scratch on the roof anymore, plenty of evos have been pulled out of the top of trees where they were stuck like xmas decorations etc etc

Cars like women have histories. Some times its better you dont know too much about where they ahve been. :)

Agreed!!!

I think I will take your advice and adopt the "nothing to see here..move along" approach.......:whistling:

The boy and myself have been having a ball in any case.

Thanks for your feedback

^^^ Doesnt sound like you have much to worry about. I chucked my old EMO into the bush on its first outing. Was a bit of a repair job but it came back just as good as ever. If its driving well, then you probabaly dont have anything to worry about.

I am sure we could keep working with the analogy above, but I migh leave it alone. :)

cheers

LOL, sorry to keep you in suspenders for so long before replying! Hope it didn't wreck you day!

From what I saw it's absolutely nothing to be worried about, it kind of just "plopped" onto a spectator's car when she gently understeered off over a steep drop. The Falcom luckily broke the fall I reckon! It would have driven away if it could have just been able to reverse off it. Damage would have been negligible.

LOL, sorry to keep you in suspenders for so long before replying! Hope it didn't wreck you day!

From what I saw it's absolutely nothing to be worried about, it kind of just "plopped" onto a spectator's car when she gently understeered off over a steep drop. The Falcom luckily broke the fall I reckon! It would have driven away if it could have just been able to reverse off it. Damage would have been negligible.

Schweet!!

Thanks for your feedback :happy:

If you're looking for good footage for your sponsors, I can recommend a fence and field to plough through.....

Most accidents these cars are in are merely flesh wounds, and people who race these events rarely skimp on repair quality, like for instance, road car repairs are done.