SAU Community

Tarmac Rallying Perpetual Thread

Marlin

^^^^ or not as he didnt accept the offer I just made. :) Gotta be fatalistc about these things.

Selling the car for more than you paid for it cause you spent heaps on it to maintain it as basically the same car, doesnt justify a higher selling price in my books. :)

^^^^ Yeah, I am hearing you. He may decide to keep it and persevere with it in the club motorsport scene here in wa..... or I might get a phone call in a month or so when he has suffered enough dreamers/tyrekickers. :) Cant imagie there are too many people out there buying at the moment.

Keyte has has his GT-R and Evo on and off my105 for 3-4 years now. I see the simpson BMW that had the big hit on Mt Black is up for sale

did your old evo have problems during Targa west blaise? I thought I saw it stopped on the side of the road in the doco

^^^ Yeah he did,

we soo milked all the good luck out of that car at targa tas. :)At Targa West the clutch gave out (I had told him it was due but the one he ordered didnt arrive in time) and also he buggered the front struts. (Leaks etc) Although if you see the pics of the car in prologue massively airborne of a speedbump (what sort of prologue has speedbumps I ask ya??? lol) its no wonder they let go. Apparently they were leaking onto the front brakes and making them hit and miss as well. I did chat with him and he kind of agrees it was a good thing the clutch let go as the braking thing was getting dangerous but he was keen to keep pressing on. Could easily have ended in tears.

take a look on my105 at all the cars that have been for sale for months, some over 12 months. Car is a depreciable asset and is only worth what the next person is willing to pay!

Yeah Timmy,

its gotta be a car someone wants and the price has to be sensible. Both Snowy and I sold our cars pretty quickly, but I think both were reasonably sensible prices and decent cars. Was chatting to Snowy about it today. We agreed that people dont seem to do themselves any favours pricing their cars high trying to cherry pick and then dropping the price later. eg Newton putting his on at 65k and within weeks its at 55k. People start asking all sorts of questions....

Anyways - Targa regs.

The goal posts have moved...... again.

Elf 102RON is back (if you drive a Mazda RX8-SP) AND you can now change your twin turbo set-up to a single turbo arrangement.

So everybody strap on your Borg Warner EFR and go racing!!

That is BS. So basically the series is moving from a production car based series to a "run what ya brung" series. Would make it more appealing to hacks like me and more accessible to a wider range of cars but not sure you want to be opening up this type of motorsport to hacks like me and even facter cars ?

Surely this means an R33 GTS25t can run an aftermarket tubo, if so then all of a sudden they look like pretty good things for "liltte dullahs"

Snowy,

what cars can run singles? Still excludes the SS cars? ie GTR in modern?

Are we just talking about GTRs and RX7's in EM and the other nissans? The RX8SP already runs a single yeah? Who was pushing for the change?

In EMO news, already had an email back coming halfway to my offer, but had a long chat with the missus last night and came to my senses. (kind of although you will all doubt it when you read the next sentence. ) Am going to press on with the hiding to nothing path and build my Moffat replica RX7. So thanks fellas, been great being a part of this forum, but will now have to sign up to www.chookcookers.com and the support group www.apexseal-of-fail.org

I have a really neat rolling shell lined up for $1500, an FC with all the parts I need to scrounge for $300, and a mazda MX5 for $1200. 3 cars for 3k. :) Trying to tun them into one decent one, priceless!! lol