SAU Community

Tarmac Rallying Perpetual Thread

Marlin

My requested for a 400R build with a big fark orf BW9180 turbo has already been declined :(

Seems the single turbo conversion is ok'd on a case by case situation.

The 13B twin turbo RX7's are allowed a control turbo and manifold, good for 300 KillerWasps on E85.... that'd be fun :D

^^^ Was just chatting to Snowy. We figured it might have been around the RX7's as the twin sequentials on them are a bit ghey apparently.. ie unreliable. Could make an FD a pretty good thing for EM I reckon. Who do we know who has an FD?? :)

An bris, thats twice this morning I have been bashed by a big brown monster with a stick... I'll try it neat next time chased with an invalid. :)

Looks like benson wanted to make his rental more compdeditive :P

I thought the 102 would be for the na cars that don't get a power gain from e85 (lambos), I recon the rx8 will still run e85, and still be unreliable

Lambo's can't run 102 though (and they have also been banned from running E85 now. Well - the R35's have. And I'm pretty sure that 2 of the podium getters were running E85 last year as well).

Its only LMS and MS cars that can run either Elf or E85. SS are limited to 98RON.

But I'd be willing to bet a can of coke that Mazda will run the Elf.

well there you go... and i assumed no body read the rules! :)

renter? nah couldn't be bothered with that again.

rx-8s love to heat efficiencies of e85 so they won't be changing

how long till a r31 gts-r becomes a classic?

LOL, yeh when are people going to run cool cars. By cool I mean old, unreliable, slow but loud cars. :whistling:

If someone wants to build a Sierra I know the perfect car to build up as it already has all the good parts from either RS500, Grp A or aftermarket :)

Serial, I reckon the 31 rear suspension setup is just too shit to be any good on a Tarmac rally. On circuits you can set them up stiff to alleviate the appalling camber changes, but a rally car, esp a two wheel drive one, really needs to be pretty supple.