SAU Community

Tarmac Rallying Perpetual Thread

Marlin

This might have cleared the path....

http://www.caradvice.com.au/137632/lamborghini-gallardo-super-trofeo-stradale-unveiled-at-frankfurt-motor-show/

Prior to that i think it was a track only car. Nice lookin bit of kit in red/carbon.

http://www.lamborghini.com/en/models/gallardo/lp-570-4-super-trofeo-stradale/overview/

Edited by Darkside

Serial, I reckon the 31 rear suspension setup is just too shit to be any good on a Tarmac rally. On circuits you can set them up stiff to alleviate the appalling camber changes, but a rally car, esp a two wheel drive one, really needs to be pretty supple.

but once it is a classic there are pretty much no rules so you can fix all that shit

would be a waste of time me entering my production r32 as the rules change so often that it would be a waste of time converting/uncovering it from "Beverly hills lotto number spec"

have a spare hr31 shell and spare rb2630 that i could use and shitload of carbon 31 stuff to make it light and "fast" using a cheater classic spec gts-r

13" wheels may be a problem as that is about the only rule in classic. (limited to 9" wide.) But all the rest of the stuff sounds ace!! Maybe some wheelie bars to help it on launch??? Some good time to be made in the first 400m. I like to think of it as classic time attack class. :)

Anyone else watch the re-run of 2008 TT the other day? See Rex's overshoot on Mt Claude (?) on the turn left uphill at the bottom of Cethana there...... ABS goin off its tits, in a 70's Porsche. lolol

Good news - the Register Admin accepted my answer to the Nissan question!

So, you clowns - I'm here to police some of this nissan rice-trash, so tighten up your blow off valves.

Let's get started:Understeer of Fail - Very bucking funny.

When I read this I had to hold on to my sides just to stop them splitting.It reminded me of when I nearly Understeered of Failed my way right up the back of certain pink GTR 35 on the Sideling in TT11.

If that's what happens when you get oversteer - I'm sticking with my snow plough rice boys!

Edited by Captain Fathom

There goes the neighbourhood... "ze Germans are here The land of goat sphincter rings"...

Re classic, dont you have to run a period turbo? My FJ24 was going to run a T67 since its an oil cooled plain bearing truck turbo