SAU Community

Tarmac Rallying Perpetual Thread

Marlin

Details on the caddy?

Found this but no details on the car, what's done to it and what made them want to Targa a Caddy?

http://www.targa.com...&team_id=236322

Edit: Hah! Check this out.

agr_targa-day-3-22-of-30.jpg?w=1024

" A bigger turbo is pumping 45psi of boost into the diesel engine, which is limited to 450nm of torque and puts around 130kw at the wheels through a limited slip diff. And what’s more, it’s lighter than the Golf it’s based on, too."

Edited by ActionDan

" A bigger turbo is pumping 45psi of boost into the diesel engine, which is limited to 450nm of torque and puts around 130kw at the wheels through a limited slip diff. And what’s more, it’s lighter than the Golf it’s based on, too."

I don't doubt there's 45psi being pumped into that thing...the noise it makes is amazing :3some:

How happy would the cage builder have been too, look at all that room!

With Targa Adelaide out of the way our focus is now on Targa High Country on the second weekend in November. The course remains unchanged save for a 'new' stage before lunch on day 2 called Devils River which is 'Skyline' in reverse.

We will be there in the Evo with a few upgrades thanks to some extremely generous sponsors :yes: and while the fast and flowing day 1 doesn't really suit my pilot, she really comes into her own on day 2 where it gets a little more technical.

So who else are we going to see there?

We are booked in for High Country as well. Re-built car is due to be finished mid next week so looking forward to getting some shake downs in and make sure it is all ready.

I enjoyed having two cracks in a row at Skyline in 2011 but in reverse should be a bit of fun too.

See you guys out there!

I'll be there too with my trusty nav Fook, hopefully debuting the new DR30 Skyline? It's still a looong way from ready, so Melinda's GTR is the fall back option.

Quite excited really, first tarmac event in since Targa 09, and that one didn't end well..

Musttt...get...back....in....shed.....

Best of luck to all those actually racing.....to those hangers on showboating.....ahhh...I'm just jelly arse. Such a good event. Am soooo over spectating...

But such a long way from this.....

DSCN0855_zpsf007acaa.jpg

to this.....

38.jpg

I'll be there too with my trusty nav Fook, hopefully debuting the new DR30 Skyline? It's still a looong way from ready, so Melinda's GTR is the fall back option.

Quite excited really, first tarmac event in since Targa 09, and that one didn't end well..

Update big guy? Some pics? Something..... anything!!!!

After seeing some of the retro group A stuff at WTAC (nissan bluebird and 32 GTR) keen to see the DR30 out there. As Woo said, love to see some updates.

And good to hear the 34 is getting back out there.Such an awesome car.

And Woo, do you mind if I use that line?? :)

Cheers Woo,

and speaking of which (OT) my new favourite thing is once inside the heads, through the 8 knot zone and back into the open speed zone on the river, opening the taps (and the captains call) and passing other vessels who may have not cared about the 8 knot zone so much and come past us. Full trim....fulll noise...and heaps of air as we launch off their wake passing them. The missus questions whether its good for the boat.....I guess we will find out... Might have to get a go pro on board...... Highly amusing, although I am easily amused. :)

Hopefully is doesn't end up like this.....

http://youtu.be/AgXy0EcCcOQ

Edited by Darkside