SAU Community

Tarmac Rallying Perpetual Thread

Marlin

Was talking with Dan Ford about this a while ago about this when we were toying with a C5 Z06 and I'm sure he said they have to pay the LCT on the C6 Corvettes they bring in.

I think $50k was the cut in point? Was also saying that the customs boys are pretty clued up on most cars values these days, so trying to sneak something in as a "bargain" will probably only end in tears..

I would check with Dan for you but have no idea which country he is in today? He'll be back in a couple of weeks.

Thanks mate :)

What pogo sticks is she running and is the under bonnet colour factory or has it been painted race-spec silver?

Will you get a chance to give her a run in anger prior to heading down?

I spotted that one on MY105 and got a bit misty in the duds, would be a good, albeit mildly expensive, base car.

Under the bonnet is factory silver. The whole car was that colour standard, found some action footage of it on the TT01 tape!

It has only got some Koni yellows at the moment, all pretty standard. i will probably upgrade to some of the new Murrayflex Blue when I have some more $$$'s and time. I really hope to have it going again in a couple of weeks and get a test day at Lakeside before we leave, but see what happens. If it all turns to poo I will just take Mel's GTR down, not a bad backup plan.

• 3 weeks later...

Word is it was a self defence would obtained when he told the little lady he was taking her car to Tugga High flamin mongrelry.

I'm confused..... Might go and drink some bundy rums and improve my queenslander speak and see if it makes more sense..... :)

Paul Poolheaters has ruined his hand the poor bugger.

Word is it was a self defence would obtained when he told the little lady he was taking her car to Tugga High flamin mongrelry.

Yep she's pretty fiesty that wife of mine, swings a good frypan!

The GTR is basically ready, but the wrist is not so good. In a fancy splint for the week, then some nice big injections and see how it fares? We'll make the call early next week if I can race or not. All pretty depressing really.

If the GTR isn't used at High Country there is talk in the house of putting it up for sale, no immediate use for it in the near future..

post-42431-0-08880100-1350982750_thumb.jpg

post-42431-0-78237400-1350982768_thumb.jpg