SAU Community

Tarmac Rallying Perpetual Thread

Marlin

She'll be fine mate, she has the runs on the board :)

Are you going to rape and pillage (aka "drive") the poor thing at Lake Mountain?

See you at THC..... Timmy K said it's his shout!

Yeah all sweet for THC and making it thru, she has this thing that a lot of us guys don't....self preservation... see what I did there :yes:

I finally get the time and opportunity to do the raping and pillaging as you so eloquently put it, at Lake Mtn. Just mildly PUMPED! :woot:

I'll also do the town stage in Mansfield... :cheers:

I hope TK realises I have expensive taste.

Mate, I really hope you can make it. Sing out if you need a hand (excuse the pun).

Why sell the car? Surely there's many reasons to keep it!?!?

Verdict on the wrist is in and it is not good. Failed the strength and "pain reflex" test as he called it, and risk of further injury is high. So no Targa High Country for us. Very very disappointing..

Melinda and I will probably still end up heading up there on the Saturday and Sunday as flights and accom are booked and paid. Seems like the exorbitant accomodation is also not refundable, although they are going to try and relet it. If anyone needs accom for Thursady to Sunday on the mountain let me know, its 2 bedroom 6 bed apartment.

As for selling the car, not too sure really but we are on the move to Samford in January and will probably not be doing much motorsport for the next 12 months so they all will be just sitting there gathering dust..

Edited by poolheaters

Mate that really is a shame. Look after that wrist first!

I grew up at Samford. Very fond memories :)

Might as well keep the car for a year, I assume you've deferred your entry payment, and it's hardly a seller's market right now. I can exercise the cars for you.... No charge!

Yeah it sucks big time. Thanks for the support Benny. The GTR is the best it has ever been with a really strong tune from the GT Auto boys. Only 300 and a bit killawasps, but massive midrange torque at early RPM. Was really looking forward to having a good hard go at it.

House at Samford is a renter for 12 months to see if we like it out there, 5acres next to a creek, big shed, big house, pool etc, and based on your recommendation I convinced the owner to throw in free mowing!

has anyone fit the rally safe unit to the roof of their car via drilling a hole in roof? Any issues with leaks or anything else?

I am purchasing the unit from rally safe this week. Will fit it prior to lake mountain. Its going to be first event for the R32 after the build.

I don't run a rallysafe on the roof, but I do run the antenna for my data logger on the roof. Drill the smallest hole you can to fit the arial hex end through (8mm i think). run the cable through, then seal it with sika, it even comes in the right colour for your car

I don't run a rallysafe on the roof, but I do run the antenna for my data logger on the roof. Drill the smallest hole you can to fit the arial hex end through (8mm i think). run the cable through, then seal it with sika, it even comes in the right colour for your car

thanks for the info.

So where do you run the rally safe antenna unit if you use one?

They did the whole field that way in Targa 2011, 1 aerial on the unit, and one stuck to the dash.

I haven't done it yet, but I'm going to put some white vynal over the aerial to blend it into my roof. as long as it's not silver backed it won't effect the signal.