SAU Community

Tarmac Rallying Perpetual Thread

Marlin

Whens everyone getting up to High Country? I expect to be up there mid afternoon Thursday. Am driving the Zero car, and rather than a renter we were offered Barry's VE ute. Looking forward to painting some lines :) Thanks to Capt Fathom for all his help too :)

The car has actually got a developement KW spring and shock setup in it, and I sent some bars down for it this week. We'll have some fun while tuning it in for Barry's next event. For anyone I've not met from the board, come say hi! Your shout!

barry.jpg

We are heading up tomorrow evening as we are booked in for scruitineering Thursday morning. Will be sure to say g'day - determined to make it to the Targa Bar this time around :)

Putting the finishing touches on the car today and its all come together really well. Can't wait to get back out there!

We will be there from Thursday arvo.

Following our small mishap (split transfer case anyone?) a few weeks back, the little cheater car is all sweet. Feels better than ever with the new wheel/brake package but could still do with some moisture to bring the field back to us :whistling:

Woo, I must say, painting lines in someone elses car produces uncontrollable giggles...and when they're also providing the rubber... :3some:

Especially when we have 4 spare Tyres in the tray :)

How'd the case split?

Not 100% sure. It was such a mess that it was hard to pintoint exactly what let go, but the possibilities we have are:

- pre-load set too high in the front diff (we've got our setup to the point where the car is working really well and have a heap more grip than previously. With this extra grip and a tight front diff something had to give)

- hairline crack in pinion (this might have happened in the actual let-go)

- I was chasing another Evo with 60 more HP and slicks so the most likely cause is that Im just tough on the gear :domokun:

Especially when we have 4 spare Tyres in the tray :)

How'd the case split?

EDIT that. Unfortunately we now seem to have a lot less tyres that are actually worthy of bolting onto the car, so now I must actually conserve tyres. The four that are on it are "ok" I've been told. The four that were to be spares are one the canvas.

Doh.

Car's on the trailer now, planning to leave from Sydney around 2am to get down there early afternoon. Planning to drop the car off after scrutineering then take the Patrol out for a bit of recce.

Quite excited for this after our dnf at TT earlier in the year. Have been working my a** off to pay for the engine since then so about time for a break! Weather forecast looks promising for now, 30% chance rain Fri, 10% Sat and 30% Sun.

We are out unfortunately with engine trouble. Played it pretty safe all day but the car has been feeling down on go. Something popped near the top of the hill - hopefully not too serious. Also need to do a bit of work getting the suspension set up - not quite confidence inspiring in the faster stuff yet. One day Thc, one day....

Good luck to everyone tomorrow!