SAU Community

Tarmac Rallying Perpetual Thread

Marlin

Bahahaha. Feeling the love. Too far gone with the chook cooker to back out now. Got IRS envy after seeing that though... not excited about live rear axle. Will be nice to be in something different though.....even if it means all I get is a really good vantage point on the side of the road early in the event. :) But if I had a clean slate, prob wouldnt be a bad starting point.....at a slightly lesser price of course given what you can buy a fully finished tarmac car for these days....

As snowy previously shared....

rotoboost23.jpg

Rick Shaw makes them live.

Benson and I have spoken at length about doing the 12hr in his rotor.

RX7's have won the 12 before.

Of course they can be made to live, don't stress.

Braaap braap braaap... BRAAAAAPPP BRAAAAAAAAAAPP BANG!

Although I rarely get on here of late, I must speak up in defense of the TMR cages.

TWP13 Esperance Coast and Alan Evans Evo X was 60+ meters off the road and down a steep bank, first hitting a tree and the crew unsure how many roll overs, but estimate more than ten. Their bolt-in TMR cage stood up spectacularly well... Alan told me he had a sore thumb! For those unsure how big the off was, the A-pillars actually bent around it the cage and the only bodywork undamaged were the tail lights.

Also TWP12 with Ric Shaw, same sort of deal and the cage was straight as a dye when pulled out and put on the ground.

I'm no fan of bolt-ins and although TMR's are not the prettiest front section cage, when put to the ultimate test the engineering speaks for itself.

You been googling your name again Cap'n? :P

All is pretty quiet on the forum from these days, except when Savman wants to "anonymously" suggest someone is shitkunt cheating kunt. :P

I think Facebook has killed the radio star? Sad to see these forums downturn.

despite that, congratualtions to Team Close, stunningly fast car and crew. It's really great to see all your hard work paying dividends. I know how much time and effort you put into it, and how little assistance there is from outside sources. As is always the case, competing in a fairly rare car is always more of a battle than common stuff.

Cracking effort from you too Scott (marinetowing). A real shame that you had that issue early on. Once that was sorted you were putting in great times! I'm glad you drove too. Car survived in once piece! :P

Edit; Scott, surely you're reconsidering retirement and "doing" Big Tugga?

Ditto here. Top work Capn. Your comment on the highlights really resonated. Heaps of homework done jointly on other platforms but you are on your own with the TTRS. Team Close doing a tops job.

I think the GTR guys are waiting on the Electronic Talent 5.1 update to be released to bridge the gap back to your car. ;)

edit.... PS: Woo, so you are saying people are now just generally sharing their rally info and experiences on bookface now rather than hit forums or is there a particular tarmac rally discussion area. Bit sad really. Some good info and minds in this thread.

Edited by Darkside

With the amount of electrical gremlins the Sims guys have anyone could think they bought a tsunami ravaged car!

Its Rullo that has all the gearbox issues, not Simms from what I know.

Yeah Blaise, I reckon FB has created a massive downturn in forum threads. Its a real shame, as I truly value "our" little corner of the Universe in here. Like-minded dudes, on mostly the same page. Facey is a very different medium.