SAU Community

Tarmac Rallying Perpetual Thread

Marlin

My understanding is that there was a very late model R32 GTS which had an rb25de (not an rb25det)...so it's probably not useful.

I thought this could be the case. I'm having trouble interpreting some of the regulations for Targa

Am I correct in thinking the engine fitted to the car needs to be the engine as stated on the compliance plate? And no exceptions?

Thanks again.

You have to run what was in the original spec sheet or homoigation papers. You could convert a pov pack 2 door R32 into a gts-t if you wanted.

So RB20DET is the only option for R32 Gts-t

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

I was asking because I already have an RB25DET engine/gearbox and clutch combo that I bought for another car
It would have been easy to just bolt it into the R32, it already has turbo, ecu, injectors, afm and a tune.

Thanks again, back to researching!

Well fellas,

not sure if you are interested as it has the wrong badge on it, but am finally making some progress with the chook cooker. Some pics below if interested. Basically have finished the engineering of the equal length 4 link rear with coilover conversion. Now its off to get caged.

UndersideNewArseEnd.jpg

Towers.jpg

IMG_0064.jpg

Rearflarelhs.jpg

seamweldiing.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

We are ready just in time. Finally finished working on the new fuel system after a bad batch of fuel hose meant I had to take it apart 3 times after much swearing and frustration. Car goes on the dyno tomorrow for one last check. Dad and I recced the course in a hire car three weeks ago so it's all still rather fresh in my memory.

Can't wait to see how the new suspension setup handles the Tas roads :)

Would love to be down there kickign tyres and buying cement mixers for everybody! :)

Enjoy you lucky buggers!

Do you have a week off up your sleeve roy? I'm sure we can fit you on our crew.

We had the unofficial launch for Launceston residents last night at Levee Food Co.

559584_10151396511642406_874896042_n.jpg

Looking Good Ben! Good Luck at Targa Next week! Hope you get a Plate! :woot:

Wish I was there but the Evo 6 is still not fixed. Would of been a good year for Spada & me too in early modern as there seem not as many contenders going this year