SAU Community

Tarmac Rallying Perpetual Thread

Marlin

I can't imagine the insurence for that class will be cheap. I'm not sure how fun some of the big targa stages would be with a 130k speed limit.

I'll be buying some lead over Christmas to make my car compliant for the new rules. I need to gain 120kg before hellyer gorge in Feb.

• 1 month later...

It was 1180kg on a empty tank, which was the minimum weight at the time. It now has to be 1430kg Inc driver and nav.

I've gone to a 25 box which should bring the car to 1200kg, I'm going to carry a spare tyre and tools and use lead for the rest

Damn it is/was light Ben. On the bright side you'll be able to put the weight exactly where you need it for balance.

I kind of think they were a bit generous with the 33 GTR with the minimum of 1630kg. Mine is now 1740kg with driver, nav, tyre, tools and 45l of fuel. Can still afford to loose 75kg. Not sure where it can come from though!

As my driver + nav weight is only 120kg I'm not a huge fan. But it does even it up for heavy crews.

Evo's were getting pretty light. Winterbourne with an evo 10 has been winging flat out on Facebook about the 150kg he has to put in. So that would put his 2014 car at 1300kg. Rickards told me his 9 was 1280kg and I've heard yt's 9 was lighter again.

With the way the rules are, a evo 6 tme will probably be faster than 7 and 8.

Damn I'm going to have to stop eating and loose 20kg. Any ideas of how to strip weight out of the whale?

Hmm sounds like the weight rule could swing things our way. Their speed kind of makes sense with 1300kg + driver

• 3 weeks later...

Targa Hellyer was run under the new rules. Hard to gauge the form, as the 2 evo drivers live 5 mins up the road from Hellyer. Evo's 9's in early modern arn't the problem, bottomless pits of money are. There was a 800hp r34 GTR in rookie early modern.

My first run through was within a couple of seconds of my Targa Tas from the THG start line, so the weight hasn't really slowed the car down. But it felt rubbish, lots of understeer. It will be a lot faster once I sort it. I didn't have the time or $$ to get new springs, swaybar and revalve the shocks. The car is now has 51:49 weight distribution.

• 1 month later...

So we launched a couple of all-new closed road events last week:

- Alpine Cup International Hillclimb, the world’s longest hillclimb at 29km to run on the Great Alpine Road up to Mount Hotham

- Hotham Auto Corsa 250km two day tarmac rally, the first all-new tarmac rally to be launched in five years

http://www.autocorsa.com.au/

Thoughts?

• Like 1