SAU Community

Tarmac Rallying Perpetual Thread

Marlin

Wooo! Thanks Duncan. Still can't believe we did it. Managed 6th outright too which I'm amazed with.

I'll post up some videos tomorrow. Time to party now...

• Like 2

Congrats Liam. Grate job.

Was a good weeks racing. Plenty of ups and downs for most people.

Was grate to catch up with most of the SAUers.

Thanks guys. Great to meet a few new faces this year too. I don't like this back to work and reality business though...

Besides loosing the power steering belt for 3 stages on day 3 and having the computer go into engine protection twice on day 2 the car ran really well. I've been braking a lot later and harder which means a lot more pad and rotor wear. I really doubt the rotors would have lasted another 100kms of racing. Going to try go from 343mm to 356mm on the front before the next one to see if that helps increase rotor life at all.

Cams were onto the weights this year and got us on the scales twice. With a bit over 1/4 of a tank after Riana we were 1733kg (minimum weight is 1630kg). That's including ~30kg for the spare wheel and a few tools/spares. Not sure where it can come from but I'm going to do everything I can to bring that closer to the minimum next time.

Might be time for a wrap or respray too. Showing quite a few scratches and chips on the front now.

Having issues getting speed/rpm from the data log up so only have two vids for now. Will post more later.

Georgetown, 2nd fastest in EM, 5th outright.

Sideling, Fastest in EM, 6th outright. Audio from our headsets didn't record properly on this one. We fell off pacenotes for a few kms past the long straight 2/3rds of the way in.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just watched the Grant Denyer ™ Targa show yesterday. Lots of coverage of the 8 finishers in RWD showroom, not so much everyone else.

They should create a category called "Early Modern" and have 24 interesting cars in it so that they have a better show next year. Afterall, it would be the second largest of their "10 rallies within a rally" after Classic

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

you thinking about giving it a go? I really enjoy the multi run hillclimb +nav format that Buller used to be.

I assume rules aren't important considering the changes you've made recently (they don't really matter at Mountain motorsports either....or for Targa sometimes it seems....)

I'm pretty sure the hillcimb part of Hothom is a no nav event?

There is a full rally running at the same time that does need a Nav but pretty sure you can't run a Nav for the actual Hillclimb.

No plan to run my "stock" gtr in targa "stock" spec so happy to do these events

So big single turbo, E85, free computers, etc etc etc is "stock" is it? You're allowed all of that and more in Early Modern. So go and have a crack and don't let fear hold you back.