SAU Community

Tarmac Rallying Perpetual Thread

Marlin

Slightly OT - are you doing Sport GT @ Phillip Island again Ben?

I entered it this week.

I'd like to, but can't really afford to do PI and Targa. Never say never though, it was a great event

I tell you for the cost of entry ($1200) and the amount of track time you get I don't know of any other category that gets full live TV coverage for the price.

Chris (Scotsman) has also entered in his R33 GT-R. I'm looking forwards to it even though I know my thing will be totally uncompetitive in that field.

It's the bass straight raping that makes it hard.

You should end up with a group of cars to play with. I wouldn't be surprised if the top cars are in the 30's this year

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The most impressive part of that video is Adam is driving around in a t-shirt.

When do you ever get to drive around on the track in a t-shirt in this country!!?

We used to do it all the time in Tassie, until about 18 months ago when CAMS clamped down on private days. Didn't you know that fire burns colder when your practicing.

• 7 months later...

Thought it was time to bump this thread up. The 25th Targa Tasmania is only 3 weeks away now and it looks like a big field.

I'm giving the Skyline a rest this year and moving over to the dark side. I'm going to be running Dad's old Subie in the new GT4 class.

Is anyone else running or coming down for a look?

12768341_1075374549201205_61409485251037

Edited by sav man
  • Like 2

Looking good Ben! I'm sure you'll smash the 35s in gt4. Should be easy to drive in the wet. Kind hoping we get a wet day somewhere to mix it up (and so my tyres can last).

I'm almost ready to go, only a few small jobs left then on the boat in two weeks. Don't know how I feel about the new car number 747.

post-43341-0-07381900-1458783463_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I think the 35's will struggle with the GT4 regs and the heavy service restrictions this year. I will be interested to see how fast Quinny is in his Lambo. I will be sporting some Nissan though, I'm running R34 GT-R

Nothing wrong with 747's

Yeah they will be quite heavy. Probably fine in the wet just slower and heavier tyre wear everywhere else. How does it feel to drive after the skyline? Less driver input needed?

Went to bleed the alsd this afternoon and the bleed nipple on top snapped off... Have since picked up a very fresh looking asld to put back in. Good thing it's a long weekend.

Yeah they will be quite heavy. Probably fine in the wet just slower and heavier tyre wear everywhere else. How does it feel to drive after the skyline? Less driver input needed?

Went to bleed the alsd this afternoon and the bleed nipple on top snapped off... Have since picked up a very fresh looking asld to put back in. Good thing it's a long weekend.

They are pretty different. They are all about low down torque and corner speed compared to a skyline, chassis development has come a long way in 20 years. Over a stage the Subie would be faster I recon

Shame did thread kind of died in the arse - FB has a lot to answer for.

See you there gents. I'm servicing for the first time ever this year, will be great to see the event from that perspective.

It's going to be a great year, I'm sure the organisers have a bunch of cool things organized :)

Good luck to you all!

Shame did thread kind of died in the arse - FB has a lot to answer for.

See you there gents. I'm servicing for the first time ever this year, will be great to see the event from that perspective.

It's going to be a great year, I'm sure the organisers have a bunch of cool things organized :)

Good luck to you all!

You with Adam Clarke?