SAU Community

Crank Angle Sensor

D1_5PEC

i have a issue with my crank angle sensor.at first we thort the cam was broken but further inspection proved wrong.its broken off in the end of the cam but the cas is fine can anyone tell me if this part is replaceable and if so shed some light on how to go about it.thanx!!!

That is just a keyway, that allows the CAS to be correctly aligned when re-assembling. It's still possible to assemble te CAS correctly - just need to use a bit of visualisation to determine the correct position.

You would have had spark when the CAS was installed. It's just that the CAS wasn't installed in the correct alignment. Therefore the spark wasn't at the correct time.

You should be able to see the mark in the cam end where the key used to be. Now visualise how the CAS needs to be installed to align with the missing key half. The teeth in the CAS and cam will keep the CAS aligned once installed.

the cas was not touched wen i was trying to start the car...pulled a coil pack n plug out sat it on the r/cover and still nothing.the cas was in the same position as wen the car was running.i took it to get the plenum done got it bak and it wont run and that pin is snapped off in the end of the cam.now i dont know why it failed but ive been advised to replace the cam so i guess thats wat il have to do and get it tuned again...f*k:(

You don't need to replace the cam. But if that's what you want to do ...

Someone has removed the CAS between the time it was working and the time it wasn't working.

If you are certain the CAS is positioned correctly, then the problem is somewhere else.

the mechanic rekons he didnt touch it..i tokk it to him running and got it bak not running...its a massive headache thanx for your ideas ill check it all out and see wat happns but isnt that pin important??