SAU Community

Gtr-700

Tomek

Ok, so we have a guy with a partly stripped out R34 with lexan windows who made a bit of power about 4 years ago and presumed he'd be in the 9s with ease, hence the plate, and he's yet to do a single 9 but with slicks he has run pretty good mph??

Anyone know what mph it has done and if there is a full weight 34 running quiker than 9.7?

Rob

I remember gtr-700 was the car that made me like the shape of r33's

was an animal; If anyone had the DVD 'serious performance 7' its on there. Shows some of its progress of blown gearboxes lolz

• 4 years later...

Was just discussing this car last week with a mate too - there was hype about a come back but it never happened, would love to know if there was anything further or if anything still exists. Maybe Heat Treatments wrecked the fun? :action-smiley-069:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

^^^ haha that's so funny.

I don't personally know the fella that owns gtr-700 but I've heard many vic people say he was a arrogant ranker years ago I think out at heathcote. It's a shame so many of these quick gtr's come and then go. Usually stripped for parting sale. There use to be so many Japanese gtr's in the RH9 club and now they are just not around gone. Real shame

Josh

I can answer why they come and go....money

GTR700 is sitting at CRD, but unless someone wants to go "here's a couple hundred grand to go racing" it's a bit hard to validate getting it running again asap when no one really cares about drag racing GT-Rs anymore and they have proven themselves countless times with big street GT-Rs and now some time attack ones too

^^^This.

There are plenty of street GTRs around these days that will do 9s so for this car to come back out to be competitive 7s would be the target, which takes money and plenty of it.

Would be cool to see it on the street again though :)

It was a very cool car

I dont see why it couldnt be thrown back together and let tge guys have fun on Wednesday nights

Its drag racing there will always be someone with more money, more power etc.

Look at the door slammer guys. Half of them turn up without hope of making the 16 let alonr winning. But they still show up. Have fun and go home with a grin .

It must be aweful expensive though and I cant even afford a gtr let alone a quick one lol

• 3 years later...