SAU Community

R34 Gtr Prices -price Projections?

It seems you can easily find immaculate 34gtr's for around 45grand, i consider this a bargain already considering that not too long ago you needed a good 70grand to get into one!

how much do you think the local release of the new GTR will affect 34GTR prices? how low could they go?!

Prices will continue to fall for the cheap/crappy ones, as the kms travelled increase, but stuff at the top end won't change too much. What used to be a $5K gap between good and bad is fast becoming a $20K gap.

It seems you can easily find immaculate 34gtr's for around 45grand, i consider this a bargain already considering that not too long ago you needed a good 70grand to get into one!

how much do you think the local release of the new GTR will affect 34GTR prices? how low could they go?!

At around $150-$160,000 im thinking it wont effect them too much at all. its not like poeple will be saying "I think i'll buy the R35 over a R34, its ONLY another $100,000!!!! 2 different cars, 2 different markets. that's my opinion anyway.

At around $150-$160,000 im thinking it wont effect them too much at all. its not like poeple will be saying "I think i'll buy the R35 over a R34, its ONLY another $100,000!!!! 2 different cars, 2 different markets. that's my opinion anyway.

Thats my thoughts exactly, its not like the 32/33/34 where the difference is + - 10k between the models. its a massive step up to get into a 35 and i think its a totaly different market being a new car with such a price tag

yes good points.

7heavn how much is needed for top condition 34GTR from your experience? what put you off of the cheaper examples?

I havent had a good look myself, was just going by pics id seen in ads and the owners stating "immaculate" (obviously this standard varies hugely from person to person), given that most late model 33's are still in pretty good condition i assumed the 34's would be also. I have also noticed that a lot of the 34's for sale are boasting redicuolusly low kms...

For a clean and decent 34GTR i think your still looking above 50k at the moment for the general resale

Obviously you can get them into the country cheaper and so on if your an importer, know the right people and so on as i know of immaculate (and i mean, immac) ones come in under 50k without a worry. But they are rare still in terms of that.

35 wont affect 34 pricing here buy that much. Its more dependant on what Japan does and how quickly buyers here catch onto the price drop over there (so that importers wont make massive $$$ off them which will probably happen for a while)

Not sure on the above, could have occurred already

Prices will continue to fall for the cheap/crappy ones, as the kms travelled increase, but stuff at the top end won't change too much. What used to be a $5K gap between good and bad is fast becoming a $20K gap.

i don't think so

well maybe the people selling them on here would like to sell them for that much, like the r33 drivers who complain about people selling them too cheap

you just need to face facts that car values drops

whats the deal with the mass exodus from r33's these days anyway?

• Like 1

Totally agree!

As the quality difference between the top end and those that deteriorate thru attrition gets wider, the value gap gets wider...

WHY? Because you get what you paid for...

A case in point: I got offered 2 months ago, a price that was more than what I paid for the car 2 years ago (admitting to improvements to the body/suspn)!

Cheers, T

Its more dependant on what Japan does and how quickly buyers here catch onto the price drop over there (so that importers wont make massive $$$ off them which will probably happen for a while)

Not sure on the above, could have occurred already

Thats it right there. if they get cheaper in Jpn, importer competition will eventually bring the prices in line. End of the day if they drop in japan, it'll drive down the prices of the earlier imported cars. For those that want a 34 GTR this is good news as we just have to wait. not so good news for those who bought in the 80k range a year or 2 ago and might need to sell... I bought my 33gtr for 40k a few years ago, could probably have bought the same car now for 25k! :thumbsup:

Either way, aussies have great access to loads of performance cars at very reasonable prices. im in singapore at the moment where i think a 35GTR will set you back somewhere near 250k! A toyota camry costs AUD 70k ++ here, crazy...

I doubt R33-R32 prices will drop at all as they already seem to have levelled out at their bottom price for the time being. But i think that R34 prices will drop for a little while as many japanese upgrade from the R34 to a new R35 but then will probably stabilize and then possibly even go back up slightly as drivers of R32-R33 models take the opertunity to upgrade to the R34. At the end of the day it is all about supply and demand.

This is the type of R34 GTR you want to own, the people who know the true running costs of owning this type of car would not look at the cheap shitters that are being offered out of Japan.

well here is mine. it's pretty much fresh from japan. it did have a basic $20 car wash though, but that's it. came up pretty well considering. :P sadly for me it's already up for sale. but I have something new on the way. :P

img8024svi7.jpg

img8032sqd1.jpg

zimg8069qh9.jpg

zimg8114xb9.jpg

zimg8134qd6.jpg

zimg8145pn4.jpg

zimg8155ea6.jpg

i see

did that car not come from japan or you didn't read your own quote before you posted it?

R43 GTR's do come from Japan last time I checked and does that look like a cheap shitter to you, a cheap shitter is the 100,000 plus klm car's that are being spammed out these days with little info aside from it being a "bargain".

Edited by DRIFTT

i don't think so

well maybe the people selling them on here would like to sell them for that much, like the r33 drivers who complain about people selling them too cheap

you just need to face facts that car values drops

whats the deal with the mass exodus from r33's these days anyway?

What would I know? :P

The reason the top end stuff will hold its value is that there are plenty of smart cookies starting to throw money at late model R34 GT-Rs, because they're the very last of the RB-powered cars, and things like immaculate V-Spec Nurs will be worth a pretty penny as collectible classics. Their prices may dip a little in the short term, but anyone dreaming about saving $35K to buy a low-km V-Spec Nur in a few years' time will probably be disappointed.

It always makes me chuckle when people automatically assume that all cars' values in Japan plummet like a stone. A case in point - I bought a manual 1998 R34 coupe with 32,000km on the clock for 1.3 million FOB, nothing worth noting apart from the fact that I bought it back in September of 2000....my point is that this figure would still be the right sort of money for that same car today - they really haven't depreciated at all. The only reason some cars have become cheaper to import is because the exchange rate is stronger, not because they're any cheaper in Japan.