SAU Community

Have I Made A Mistake With Bendix Ultimate?

Just recently i fitted some DBA gold rotors to my 32. but i think i made ther mistake of using Bendix Ultimate pads... the squeel like a garbage truck!!!

is there anything i can do to stop or even just minimise the squeel... i heard something about copper grease, aparently it helps?

any ideas?

cheers

LOL!

I think you might have bought 'Race' brake pads and the probley have a bit of steel in them, which is why they squeel.

I drove a GTR before with 'Race' pads in and it takes a race track to warm them up and not to squeel.

Do what Blind elk said and see how you go.

they rnt race pads they are definatly bendix ultimate ...

how do i bed the breaks .... ?

well....did you read the instructions or the box you got the pads in? all pads have to be bedded in properly that is a major cause of squealing if not done properly.

since you've already put some klm on them....

pull the pads out

take the current surface off them using a bench grinder or similar

clean the discs and pads with brake cleaner

put them back in

head out to a nice quiet road, do about 3 stops from 120-40 until you can smell them cooking. then drive without using the brakes for a couple of minutes to let them cool

done. your pads and discs are now set to each other's shapes.

if they still squeal after proper bedding in you may need to try:

putting the anti squal shims back in (you kept them right?)

anti squeal compound on the shims

machine the discs to make sure they are nice and flat

copper grease on the backing plate where it touches the caliper's pistons

rebuild the calipers with new piston seals.

road pads including ultimates do not squeal unless there is a problem. even most race pads are fine. for instance the ones from my avatar don't squeal and as you can see they are pretty agressive.

Alternatively you could just go to the track :(

I recently put on a set of Ferodo DS2500s and they were squealing like a bitch. After a day at Wakefield they haven't made a squeak since. Although Duncan's solution sounds a lot safer than mine

^^^

Same thing happened when I put my Project Mu's on. I went out to bed them in with a similar process to what Duncan mentioned but they still squeeled a bit.

Went for a long night in the hills, and they were fine :)

i got the same pad. never had a probelm with squealing. if u bed the pads in properly they will last a long time.

try goin for a nice long drive and dont brake hard just ride the brakes + down gear at the same time to stop for the first 200kays and u should be fine