SAU Community

Black Paint With Candy Red Metal Flakes On R32

Rocky88

I'm getting my black R32 resprayed sometime in near future and I want something more exciting yet still black so I'm considering to respray it in black with candy red metal flakes. I've got idea from Juiced: HIN (computer game for those of you that don't know it). This is how it looks in game:

redflakehc6.jpg

redflake2jo4.jpg

This is basically how I want my car to look... black with red metal flakes, probably something like this: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/CANDY-RED-METAL-FLA...1742.m153.l1262

Does anyone have experience with such paint? How would that turn out in real life (cant rely on computer game, lol).

I painted the bonnet, and some other details on my old nissan patrol with silverflakes.

It requires some work...

1. spray the clear-coat with flakes, let it dry.

2. go over the painted area with fine sandpaper and wet sand it. Do good work here, and make sure its smooth.

3. spray again with clear-coat (no flakes)

4. If the result is good now you are finish with the paitning, and can start polish the car. If its not good repeat step 2&3.

If you use a poor flake-fabric the flakes can either sink or float in the clear-coat, and you will get an uneven layer of flakes. Test the flakes, and trye spray something just to test it (like an old patrol) :D

Tried to upload pics, it failed. So i used a norwegian pic uploader site:

242116.jpeg

242117.jpeg

IMG_0138small.jpg

Paint with pearl red flakes over black base --- i used WAY too much red flake in the clear - tone it back and it should work like you think - but it will always look a little red

Actually I have seen a car that looks similar in paint to the game photos you posted at a hod rod show years ago which made me want a paint job the same. Here is that car

dscn1022lj0.th.jpg

Edited by Triptych

IMG_0138small.jpg

Paint with pearl red flakes over black base --- i used WAY too much red flake in the clear - tone it back and it should work like you think - but it will always look a little red

nice, how much would that cost to do?

Actually I have seen a car that looks similar in paint to the game photos you posted at a hod rod show years ago which made me want a paint job the same. Here is that car

dscn1022lj0.th.jpg

that is realllyyyy nice

maybe find out the builders name - they will advertise which paint they used - maybe not colour but brand atleast.

dscn1022lj0.th.jpg

That looks sweeeeet.  :P (we really need a :drool: smiley).  Cheers guys.

I'm planning to get my R32 resprayed later this year or as soon as I repay my credit card and then I'll share results with you. :(

that colour on the hot rod is House of Kolor Kandy Brandy Wine, not sure what base they have used though

by the looks of the pics in the first post you want a cherry black colour

kandy cherry black will look awesome and be exactly what you're after