SAU Community

Adelaide Street Scene

chef_stagea

It seems the street car scene has really started to die, just remembering back to when i was younger and how many decent cars were around adelaide on the weekends.. and on the nights there was nothing on there would atleast be a number of crusies on or even a spot where you could go past and see what was out and about, there has proven to be massive amounts of decent cars in adelaide but they seem to be all locked up in the shed because everyone is to scared to drive them :( .

anyway what are peoples thoughts?

does SAU SA need more regular meets? or a meet spot ?

let us know what you think :)

im thinking maybe we just work out a little spot where we cant really cause any harm and those weekends or what eva where there just isnt ne thing to do... even just rolling past the spot we come up with for a sus and a chat. im sure there would be alot of follow the leader cruises leave there aswell. maybe we should organise a cruise on the 1st weekend of every month or somthing where we ALL come out. doent need to be a stupid cruise..... untill its semi ok i spose :S.... what we all think?

tell the cops to spend some of there hundreds of millions of dollars gained from speeding/defect/drink driving etc fines on a decent drag track, or even re-do AIR and i would be out there every weekend.

police have made you cautious about driving on the road, combined with the lack of any cheap form of motorsport will slowly kill off any car scene :(

A cruise at the start of every month is a good idea, I'd be in on that, be on my L's but i'd still come out, Rep for SAU.

Police shouldnt bother you, unless ofcourse you have a defectable car (not my car :() but i guess, these days evey car is defectable.

A cruise at the start of every month is a good idea, I'd be in on that, be on my L's but i'd still come out, Rep for SAU.

Police shouldnt bother you, unless ofcourse you have a defectable car (not my car :( ) but i guess, these days evey car is defectable.

agreed but are they actualy allowed to storm us while were just chilling having a chat? or just driving normaly? like dont they have to have a reason behind them searching your car or what eva?? i think if some of us less modified people start getting around again then slowly we can build sa sau back up!

all it takes is 1 wanker to snap 2nd or what eva n it ruins it... it happenes i no but at the end of the day we all no these cars CAN do stupid shit... thats half the reason we buy em haha but with out the dikheds doing stuf like that we should be alrite.

Edited by chef_stagea

Its called a random licence check...all the reason they need to pull you over...Actually they don't really need a reason to pull you over!!

Remember we are the scurge of society...Not the people out there robbing/raping/murdering etc etc!

Police shouldnt bother you, unless ofcourse you have a defectable car (not my car :( ) but i guess, these days evey car is defectable.

Yep, I too remember the days when hot street cars cruised the streets of Adelaide without a worry in the world. But we're now recognised as wallets on wheel unfortunately, and times have changed. Any car can be defected if the police want to ruin your day.

I got pulled over last night for the first time in the Stagea. It was a random breath testing station outside the entertainment centre. I was in the far right hand lane, but as soon as the cop saw me, he blocked off two lanes and directed me to go in. :) Here we go! They did the usual breath test, while another cop was having a good look inside the cabin (looking for Apexi gear no doubt) they then directed me a bit further up the road to allow the other cars out and told me to park my car.

First it was a look under the bonnet. I've always endeavoured to keep my car looking stock, and these cops really had no idea what they were looking for anyway. They queried a few things under the bonnet but that was it. Didn't look under the car, nor checked out my exhaust :) On your way.

Was biting my nails tho. Thought they were just going to find 'something'.

Police: 0

Ruby: 1

Edited by RubyRS4

lucky escape there, thats my point exactly, you can be driving around normal like every crows fan in there camry and still get pulled over and defected or atleast attempts made to defect.

this state isnt what it used to be, thanks to the rann government and d1ickhead police commitioners :(

Sad as it may seem but there is no avoiding police, some of them might even drive imports and/or read stuff on this forum to get hints of where we will be at certain times i.e. cruises, etc. It is not out of the question.

My heart skips a beat every time I see one when I am driving my car, as yet have not been pulled over (thank god) but it will happen and they will try and ping me for something at the very least make sure they have a look at my car. What for I don't think they even know.

Best anybody can do as an individual is drive sensibly on the streets to avoid cops having to put us all in a basket of "drifters and illegal drag racers", or whatever. It is not just cops either it is public perception. Public have a pretty narrow minded idea on what import drivers are like.

Personally I would love to be able to meet with fellow import fans every month or even second month just to have a chat with other people about their cars and make a few good contacts.

Anyway, my 2 cents.

Big Mike

PS: If Rann was serious he should train a dozen cops who were ex motorbike racers and put them on tricked Yamaha R1s and catch a few of these bloody insane jap bike riders!

PPS: Sorry if this post deviated from the topic!

Edited by bigmikespec

Sad as it may seem but there is no avoiding police, some of them might even drive imports and/or read stuff on this forum to get hints of where we will be at certain times i.e. cruises, etc. It is not out of the question.

My heart skips a beat every time I see one when I am driving my car, as yet have not been pulled over (thank god) but it will happen and they will try and ping me for something at the very least make sure they have a look at my car. What for I don't think they even know.

Best anybody can do as an individual is drive sensibly on the streets to avoid cops having to put us all in a basket of "drifters and illegal drag racers", or whatever. It is not just cops either it is public perception. Public have a pretty narrow minded idea on what import drivers are like.

Personally I would love to be able to meet with fellow import fans every month or even second month just to have a chat with other people about their cars and make a few good contacts.

Anyway, my 2 cents.

Big Mike

PS: If Rann was serious he should train a dozen cops who were ex motorbike racers and put them on tricked Yamaha R1s and catch a few of these bloody insane jap bike riders!

PPS: Sorry if this post deviated from the topic!

very very true... insane jap riders or ruby?? haha, im suprised they directed you in tho dude :S must no what those sly wagons are now haha. any way i think we should all come up with a quiet little place were we can just go and chill if needed... sumwhere nere the city way...

very very true... insane jap riders or ruby?? haha, im suprised they directed you in tho dude :S must no what those sly wagons are now haha. any way i think we should all come up with a quiet little place were we can just go and chill if needed... sumwhere nere the city way...

Before I get grilled by Jap bike riders, what I mean is that more attention is paid to import car drivers than import bike riders! Probably because we are easier to catch.

Sorry for the generalisation in previous post (I love Jap bikes).

insted of spaming the fourm how about we all spam the police offices with hate/complaint mail and see where that gets us :( ,

i too have been pulled over countlas times for a "random breath test" 99% of the time there is nothing random about it! i once drove past the seaford pub as a short cut,not doing anything stuipid just putting along.as i pull out onto the main road and start traveling along that i notice far away in my rear veiw camera a police car start speeding in my general direction,i then take a quick left hand turn down a side street and gun in somewhat down the street and then hit the brakes back down to 50 again,next thing i see is the cop car come screaming around the corner with its lights and sirens on and still speeding towards me.

when they cought up with me i pulled over and awaited the cop to come to my window. the first thing he says is "this is a random breath test" i swiftly replied with "thats a joke!! theres nothing random about this what so ever!" all i got bak from him was a err ummm "blow into this until i say stop" now why im doing this his partner preceds to walk around my car and check things here and there. after that all i got was a "your free to go" and that was it.

now if all cops were that dedicated stopping crime as what thos 2 guys were in chasing me 4 blocks just to random bretho me this state would be alot better off that is for sure!

if you encounter a cop that is being a flat out wanker for no apparent reason simply ask for there badge number so you can file a complaint against him/her later on. it is an offence for them not to provide you with this information.

just about all of the cops i have delt with have pulled there head in majorly after i have asked for this information,minus the one dickhead that refused to give the number to me and subsequently lost his job over it in the end.

End rant lol.

"Whats your badge number!"

Oh dear how Ive yelled this countless times being an idiot in town on a sat night

But yeh I found just be a nice and respectful to the cop as you when you get pulled over, Ive been let off heaps of times for doing stupid things which i could of got fines and lost points for

CBF reading this whole post, its the same shit about defects everytime this topic is brought up.

Last night, was crusing down grand junction, cop pulled out of a side street and sat behind a VK(?) wagon at the lights, i was stopped next to the wagon. I took off like the upstanding well behaved citizen i am, and after about 100m, the police officer decided to pull over the wagon, P platers.

Bogans: 0

Damo: 1

i remember goin out to AIR when i was 12 and cruising home and past the city with my dad with about a hundred cars that where just racing down the strip, no cop problems, and it was a good feeling. those AIR street drag nights will be sorely missed :(

im the same,im as nice as i can be to a certain point.if the cop is being a complete wanker with what seems to be a grudge against me for driving a dam car there is no way in hell im going to be nice anymore,i treat people how they treat me so why should a cop be the exception to this rule.

the day i encounter a cop that does not act in this way is the day ill change my opinion on the subject :(

when i was a younger i remember sitting in my cousins datto cruising anywhere! they never had maps or anything, where ever the leader decides to go that's where you go! it was fantastic! and i can sort of remember there wasn't as much hooning back then on cruises than now!

but with the defecting thhing! i know of a cop and he said they normally look for easy targets! e.g. loud exhaust, too low and wheels! well ever since i made my car quiet, standard height and changed the rims! i haven't had a cop check over my car ever since! love it