SAU Community

Whats The Best Rb25 Plenum

hey guys

looking at getting a plenum for my rb25 there are alot of cheap chinese manifolds that need alot of cleaning up (porting) and dont flow that well. does anybody know of any plenums available with good flow short runners and preferably fabricated alloy plenum chamber something like hypertune.

well its depends on your setup, cams, turbo application and of course budget, the greddy one works well and i have never had an issue with one, the hypertune stuff is killer but more expensive and would suit somehting more radical. The cheap thai stuff on ebay seems to work real weel on RB20 but im yet to use one on a rb25.

well its depends on your setup, cams, turbo application and of course budget, the greddy one works well and i have never had an issue with one, the hypertune stuff is killer but more expensive and would suit somehting more radical. The cheap thai stuff on ebay seems to work real weel on RB20 but im yet to use one on a rb25.

whats the finish like on the cheap thai stuff how well does it fit?

whats the finish like on the cheap thai stuff how well does it fit?

i get these ones : http://motors.shop.ebay.com/merchant/pnt_performance

the other ebay ones (Greddy Copies) ive used are shit, i will NOT fit them regardless... ive seen quite a few leak coolant into Number 1 runner and various others crack after a few months (dont ask me how in the world they could make it so crap that it cracks but they did)

i buy heaps of those ebay plenums made in thailand but i only buy the plenum half

i sent them an email asking if they would sell me the plenum half on its own and they agreed the reason why i dont use there whole plenum is because i dont like there runners and trumpets, i dont like the shape of the trumpets and i dont like the ruff casting of the trumpets so i only buy there plenum half on its own and use my own custom runners/trumpets

the plenum half is unreal! its casted, nice looking shape, good size and its very very thick and they also sell the plenum half on its own for a pretty good price

the plenum half is unreal! its casted, nice looking shape, good size and its very very thick and they also sell the plenum half on its own for a pretty good price

tuff maybe you can supply me one of your "modded" versions next time to have a play with? i would rather pay some-one local (and a community memmber) than send the coin offshore ? providing of course they are indeed superior in the runner department.

i buy heaps of those ebay plenums made in thailand but i only buy the plenum half

i sent them an email asking if they would sell me the plenum half on its own and they agreed the reason why i dont use there whole plenum is because i dont like there runners and trumpets, i dont like the shape of the trumpets and i dont like the ruff casting of the trumpets so i only buy there plenum half on its own and use my own custom runners/trumpets

thats the kind of info thatim interested in thanks for the info ill see whati can get my hands on as far as runner

if any body else has helpfull info it is greatly appreciated

thanks

plazmaman use factory runners which are fairly long aswell i was trying to steer cleer of the long ugly runners

thanks guys im thinking jun copy plenum chamber and custom runners might be the trick

ill let you all know how well it works (before and after dyno results)

thanks

keeps ideas coming if you have any others

I got a plazmaman one and no comlaints here, but yeah the factory runners look like dick. Thinking if i take the head off to clean out the casting marks on the inside of them and then getting the outside chrome dipped to match the plenum :D

• Like 1

to be perfectley honest the best upgrade ive done on RB25 is std RB26 individual TB's and plenum. on a std GTT (neo) expect a maximum increase of 40hp and no dips below the factory torque or power curve. The response of the ITB's is awesome and the flow of the factory GTR is great (nismo is better all round) but expect to pay similar money for the comlete setup when comparing it to a greddy setup with Q45 tb etc etc... I know RACE PACE now has the (BEST) conversion kit available for this swap, it is based on the BLITZ D1GP kit.