SAU Community

How To Appeal A Traffic Infringement?

baby34

I was in the car with my brother, we went to the bank.. I got back in the car he was going to drop me off next block so i didnt put my seatbelt on.. And cop pulls me over. I tried putting seatbelt on but an undercover saw me without it on, so blah blah, got a $153 fine.. anyway i can get out of it?

Who do i send a letter to get it withdrawn? etc?

Thanks!

See I was walking down the street last night, and this guy got in my way, so I killed him. So they wanna put me in jail for life....anyway I can get out of it?

......I don't think so

I was in the car with my brother, we went to the bank.. I got back in the car he was going to drop me off next block so i didnt put my seatbelt on.. And cop pulls me over. I tried putting seatbelt on but an undercover saw me without it on, so blah blah, got a $153 fine.. anyway i can get out of it?

Who do i send a letter to get it withdrawn? etc?

Thanks!

Lol you were in the wrong. You will not win an appeal. Pay the fine :(

Is this your first offence mate? If so, there may be a good chance you could get out of it. The only thing I can recommend is to admit you were in the wrong. Write a letter stating that you were in the wrong and that you are genuinely remorseful. I have personally written 4 letters trying to get out of fines, and have had the fines revoked three out of four times. The one time I didn't get out of it was because I didnt blame myself! Give it a try, write an articulate and remorseful letter and you may be surprised.

Good luck.

Just try writing a letter bro and u shd be able to get out without paying anything. I have lot of fnds who got parking and speeding fines and they all wrote letters indicating it was their first fault n they ll do everything possible to make sure it does not happen again. n guess wat, they all got their notices cancelled. urs is nt as serious a crime as theirs so just write a letter along those lines n u everything shd b cool.

why appeal?

your in wrong, you said it yourself, cop the fine and be over with it

wether it was a block to drive or 10 blocks down the road you didnt have seatbelt and they caught you without it

this will just teach you to make sure no matter how far you travel to always wear your seatbelt..... expensive lesson huh?

blah blah blah blah blah... SEE ABOVE.. I won't waste time writing any more..as a matter of fact I don't know why I wrote at all :rofl:

but if you do contested it and get off let me know.. Ill write a letter to contest my epa notice for littering stating it was my first time, then write a letter to the court telling them it was my first time I got caught doing 130 in a 70 zone, and then to top it off I'll write one to the lovely undercover officer that fined me for drinking in a public place the other night and see if I can get off too :domokun:

but naa seriously if you were in the wrong why contest it..of all the fines I've had and I can say i've had a few the only one I have ever contested if the speeding one mentioned above because I believe the officers were wrong..and its cost me 3k to date but ill fight it out of principal..

you were in the wrong pay up...its $150 thats like a days wage or one less tank of fuel for the week...or maybe your brother who was stupid enough to let you be a passanger without a seatbelt on should pay it.. I know everyone talks about taking responsibility for yourself..but just like i take responibility and dont do stupid shit with passangers in the car, I also feel I have a duty of care when using my vehicle to ensure all occupants are protected as best as possible..which includes ensuring seatbels are on before I drive anywhere..whether the passanger is 5 or 55..

Edited by zorb_rules