SAU Community

Can I Remove This Distribution Block Between The Master Cylinder And Slave Cylinder? - R32 Gtst

Shaun

I whacked a braided line in on the weekend (old rubber hose was weeping where it went into the slave cylinder), binned the distribution block and the cooler pipe. Clutch feels a LOT nicer now, not heavier or lighter but feels somewhat more "direct" if that makes sense :P

Can't help but wonder why the factory saw fit to have it there in the first place. I think there is sound logic to upgrading things but the engineers that designed such a fantastic car with great longevity are no idiots. Has anyone actually pulled the cooler distribution box apart before? The pipe which the factory use is relatively easy to work also, so, maybe the block can be taken out and replaced with a short finned section like on the P/S cooler on GTRs? Obviously replacing the short rubber hose with braided.

Just food for thought anyways. . . .

They do it to make the car smoother which has the effect of reducing the feel. We don't mind the harshness cos we want the raw feel. Same reason they put soft suspension and sound deadening in there. They take the NVH out and we spend years putting it back in! :P

That is a valid point you make! They would make the system with Tom,Dick and Harry in mind. And I am actually about to replace mine mainly because of the whole new world that braided brake lines opened up to me. It was a major improvement and I can only imagine the clutch should have similar improvement with engaugement feedback. :D

• 8 years later...

Hey everyone,

Sorry to dig up an old tread but I'm in the process of changing my clutch line (R32 gtr). From the master direct to the slave. Just want to know what happens to the connection to that distribution box? (Where it originally went from master to the distribution box). Do you just leave it or put a bolt in there?

Thanks in advance!