SAU Community

Is this the AWD GTR oil pan? (Stagea)

Nameless EJ6

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure with the Stagea's, but, here is my experience with converting from R32 GTR (looks similar to your picture) 4WD to RWD. I used an RB30E sump, and pickup.

Mind you, it wasn't a bolt on proposition like everyone makes it out to be. I found myself removing the rear part of the windage/baffle tray that bolts to the bottom of the crank girdle. I had to do this to clear the rear of the RB30E sump. I also had to cut part of the baffle in the RB30E sump, because the pickups are in a different spot. (more forward on the RB30E)

Also had to put a "bulge" in the side of this sump where the pickup comes off the block to clear it. There are two different bolt patterns on the bottom of the R32 RB26DETT block, the RB30E sump uses the inside ones.

If i were you, i'd be modifying the original 4WD sump. (removing the front diff and driveshaft section through the middle of it. Because the direction i took, removed ALOT of the baffling. Not good for oil control, as i have now learned.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the pic MegaGTS4,

Nameless EJ6, how is this conversion going?

I'd be keen to find out how you went. We know that the RB20, RB25 & RB30 use the inside bolt pattern (the smaller ones) and from memory i had to drill out one of the holes in the sump near the front of the engine, as this actually took one of the larger bolts from the 4WD sump.

I'd still like to know if the pickup location on the block are the same between the 4WD engines and RWD engines on the RB20's and RB25's...

I know from experience that when i used an RB30 oil pickup and sump, i had to cut the baffle in the sump to allow the pickup to sit a little further forward. I also had to modify the sump to clear the pickup. (as you can see in the pic)

I'd still like to see the original sump modified, as i also removed the rear baffle off the main bearing cap to help the sump clear the bottom end.

Post a reply on how you are progressing.

Well the engine is sitting in my garage.. I haven't even started looking at it yet. I've been very busy this summer..

But in the next two months I will be doing this and I'll be posting it up with GOOD pictures and full text.

This whole project is coming together really slowly right now. I need to sell my civic before I get started really. The only thing I've done is bought an RB25det2 engine harness for it.. then the sump is next.

I will post up a picture of it with the sump removed though in the next two weeks so people can see it. :D