SAU Community

Z-tune Fenders?

LawzzZz

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hey guys,

So I'm doing an R34 4Door GT/GTR conversion. Its going to have the front end of an R34 GTR and I was thinking of putting on Z-Tune front fenders. With that being said, I'm not going to pump out the rear fenders to make it wider, but I will put on side skirts and a rear bar (possibly East Bear) Do you think it will look good? It'll be wider in the front then narrow out... ?

OH! If you know if it can be done, let me know :) At the moment I'm buying the parts for the conversion piece by piece. So far I've got an OEM R34 GTR front bar and lower lip, possibly getting an East Bear GTS-R Carbon Fibre bonnet (bolt on for GT). Do you guys know if the pieces (front bar, Z-Tune fenders, bonnet) will together? I sure hope it can be done LOL! If you know anything about it, post up your knowledge if you have the spare time :P

Thanks,

LawzzZz

i think it will look kinda silly,

Z-tune guards are well sexy, i think wider than even GTR fenders

however, the rear guards on the 4door are the narrowest of all the R34 models, so you will have these wide front guards and a narrow rear.

...still... up to you, the front of your car will look mean.

why not bolt up a z-tune front bumper to z-tune guards? that way ull know it will fit.

Or if you want to use the front bar uve got now, just buy regular GTR guards

Hey guys,

So I'm doing an R34 4Door GT/GTR conversion. Its going to have the front end of an R34 GTR and I was thinking of putting on Z-Tune front fenders. With that being said, I'm not going to pump out the rear fenders to make it wider, but I will put on side skirts and a rear bar (possibly East Bear) Do you think it will look good? It'll be wider in the front then narrow out... ?

OH! If you know if it can be done, let me know :) At the moment I'm buying the parts for the conversion piece by piece. So far I've got an OEM R34 GTR front bar and lower lip, possibly getting an East Bear GTS-R Carbon Fibre bonnet (bolt on for GT). Do you guys know if the pieces (front bar, Z-Tune fenders, bonnet) will together? I sure hope it can be done LOL! If you know anything about it, post up your knowledge if you have the spare time :rofl:

Thanks,

LawzzZz

if you're gonna have a wide front go all the way or it'd look odd =/

where'd you get the oem gtr front bar & lip? price? personally i think the flared rear fenders look heaps good besides you can fit fatter tyres aswell. ^^

you cant have a wide front end and a flat back end.. as unique as you think it would be that will look sh!t house LOLLL you should just get the r34 4 door east bear kit that looks hot! uras look like ass.. bomex too common dont go for them.. east bear will stand out more than any of those kits! that imo anyways

you cant have a wide front end and a flat back end.. as unique as you think it would be that will look sh!t house LOLLL you should just get the r34 4 door east bear kit that looks hot! uras look like ass.. bomex too common dont go for them.. east bear will stand out more than any of those kits! that imo anyways

Yeah I was thinking of getting the full East Bear kit. Really pricey tho. And I haven't read anything good about the people that supply them here. I might just buy all OEM R34 GTR parts separately, might be cheaper. Although the painting and fitting costs a bitch. Just for a front bumper painted and fitted along with a bonnet just fitted, i've been quoted just under $1000. Didn't know it cost that much.

And to Deanis. I paid close to about $750 for the front bar and lip off a guy on this forum. Awesome condition *thumbs up* Although I'm looking to sell it. I'm not sure why but I'm thinking of either buying the full East Bear kit or as i said earlier, buy the OEM GTR pieces separately? Not really sure yet.

Anyone know of any good suppliers of East Bear parts here in Sydney, also a good panel beater who can do the body work for a good price?

Cheers,

LawzzZz

OH! and thanks for the feedback guys, much appriciated

So many people like the look of Uras...never knew why...

and everyone has bomex...

WORD UP !!!! Uras is the ugliest shit around lol, OMG LOOK AT MY HUGE EXAGGERATED ANIME STYLE SKIRT FLARES !!

and although not the commonest bomex is also quite common, still hot though ! :P

go wide all the way!!!

BTW,hows your GTTR thing going...

Hey mate,

Well its sorta stagnant right now lol, no funds. DOES SOMEONE WANNA SPONSOR ME! LOL What does it take to get sponsored? I bought a stock GTR front bar but I'm tryna figure out if the V-Spec front bar is different to the stock one, and if it's a straight bolt on to a GT. If the there is a difference between the two, I might go with the V-Spec and sell the Stock GTR bar and front lip that I have now. Are you doing a GTR conversion aswell?

LawzzZz

Be unique, theres already 20 of them..... go URAS or Bomex FTW~

lol, its been said already but, there is nothing unique about the above kits, not that they dont have appeal, but yeh...

on topic, i've also been considering going the z-tune front guards, but i've come to the conclusion that it just wont look right having the front wider than the rear, that said, i plan on speaking to a panel beater at some point and instead of getting gtr rear guards moulded onto the rear i want to see how far out he can pump the guards, possibly in the same way the gtr guards sit, then maybe the z-tune guards wont look as awkward

lol, its been said already but, there is nothing unique about the above kits, not that they dont have appeal, but yeh...

on topic, i've also been considering going the z-tune front guards, but i've come to the conclusion that it just wont look right having the front wider than the rear, that said, i plan on speaking to a panel beater at some point and instead of getting gtr rear guards moulded onto the rear i want to see how far out he can pump the guards, possibly in the same way the gtr guards sit, then maybe the z-tune guards wont look as awkward

Yeah that sounds like a good idea. I did a search for it and I found this..

If you find out how much it cost to pump out the guards let me know too :laugh:

LawzzZz

post-52184-1221228394_thumb.jpg

post-52184-1221228410_thumb.jpg

I think there has been alot of us Nismo fans out there wanting the Z-Tune guards on our cars for ages now but id sahy 90% of us all come to the same conclusion. Without doing the back as well your just making a R34 look like a front wheel drive dragger. Not cool. And once you do the back (if you got the cash) you probably could have bought a GTR anyway. Respect for those who do it though but id never have the cash.

I went down the track of a Bomex kit on mine and to be honest, regret it. Thought it looked pretty cool at first but then realised i liked stock so much better! :nyaanyaa:

If you find out how much it cost to pump out the guards let me know too :)

LawzzZz

wow!

that is the idea though, but those are reaallly wide, theyd have to be moulded i think?

If you find out how much it cost to pump out the guards let me know too :banana:

LawzzZz

look pretty similar to the guards ive got but mine is for 2 door

post-41686-1221453875_thumb.jpg

post-41686-1221453995_thumb.jpg

post-41686-1221454039_thumb.jpg