SAU Community

Stock R33 Gtst Rims

InterCooL

hey guys

as far as i know, my wheels are bone stock, they look just like this (all 4);

digiads_car_ads_96781_1.jpg

however my rears are 7.5" wide ,the fronts are only 6.5". everyone i know with stock r33 wheels have 6.5" at all 4's

so i'm just wondering why are my rears slightly wider? was it a factory option? or did someone swap rims with another type of nissan?

yes

here is a pic of my fronts, note how they sit flush up against the hub;

font.jpg

here is a pic of my rears, notice the gap between the hub and the wheel;

rear.jpg

you can also visually see how the same sized tires buldge over the fronts but not the rears

also the tire shop pointed all this out to me lol. i never realised it until they showed me

Here is a pic of my tyre placard, 7.5" is listed and as there is no pressure rating for the front that would suggest that they were only on the rear.

BTW any one know someone who can replicate these, i want one made that has the 7.5" option and 17" with and front and rear pressure rating.

post-27276-1221871357_thumb.jpg

Edited by W0rp3D

• 13 years later...

^ Not even close. They abandoned all those silly rules years ago. So long as the wheel + tyre fits (doesn't stick out, doesn't hit the car), the rolling diameter stays within limits, and the track remains within the limit, you can fit anything.

And no Turbo R33 has ever had 6" wide std wheel. Or 7s. All had the extra 0.5", unless GTR, which are of course 9".

• Like 1

yeah i was just going off the top of my head,

as far as the cops are concerned as long as the tyres don't protrude past the bodyline (wheel arches) (drop a string line from the widest point of the car past the tyres to the ground if it's clear you should be good) you shouldn't get a second look (beyond the usual driving a jap import causes)

but as far as i am aware somewhere in the ADR is a ruling about tyre sizing, i have been hunting for it but have only found references to off roaders and lifting ride height. so far (several hours of plowing through legal documentation) nothing in reference to wheels / tyres for passenger cars.

so GTSBoy is probably correct.

On 28/10/2021 at 10:12 AM, GTSBoy said:

And no Turbo R33 has ever had 6" wide std wheel. Or 7s. All had the extra 0.5", unless GTR, which are of course 9".

yup my bad, thanks for the correction