SAU Community

R32 Airconditioning Not Working

Rekin

Excellent work, great wright up, tried the diagnostic test just then, worked perfectly, all that was my problem also was the little plug that goes onto the actuator motor, was a bit sticky, gave it a wriggle pushed on the wires and presto, hot and cold air, all through the settings. the heater would get warmer im assuming if the engine was hotter, i was warm but not toasting haha. 32 degs.

thanks heaps guys +1

BEN.

Edited by BENDERS32

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mine is stuck on hot. :cool:

I tried wriggling the wires and such while going through the hot and cold temperatures, but the arm still doesn't move. Do you reckon it will just need replacing instead of a quick fix?

Have you got the rest of the self-diagnosis? I did step 2 and got a 22 and a 25. Do you know what this means?

Cheers

This was exactly what I was looking for :D. Last week my system stopped blowing heat despite turning the temp all the way up. Being November, yeah a lil chilly here in Canada haha. Hopefully this will help solve my issue but I do have a couple of questions.

1. I removed my a/c system so will that effect the microcomputer's self testing at all?

2. Is it possible to manually push the servo motor to the full hot position?

Thanks so much and I'll let ya know what happens.

Cheers :)

dassvass, make sure the car is in direct light or use a 60w light globe over the sunload sensor to see if that cures your error code 25. If you are in a carport or garage that will usually give the error.

Error code 22 is the interior air temp sensor. It is mounted on the surround that goes around the center console on the dash. Usually it means it's unplugged which happens if you have been in there for something else.

I've attached the relevant pages from my service manual. Hope that helps.

R32_GTR_Heater_and_Air_Con.pdf

dassvass, make sure the car is in direct light or use a 60w light globe over the sunload sensor to see if that cures your error code 25. If you are in a carport or garage that will usually give the error.

Error code 22 is the interior air temp sensor. It is mounted on the surround that goes around the center console on the dash. Usually it means it's unplugged which happens if you have been in there for something else.

I've attached the relevant pages from my service manual. Hope that helps.

Thanks a heap jonn. I noticed it unplugged when I pulled the surround out, but I didn't realise it was a sensor.

Too late for my servo though, opened it up to check the soldering and the cogs came lose inside. How much do they cost to buy second hand?

Just a quick word on how it went for me, yep it's all about jiggling the harness baby haha. Servo is back working perfectly, no fault codes came up at all once I did that and ran a check.

SUPER thread and 100% helpful that's for sure. Hopefully a Mod will 'Sticky' this as it will come in handy.

Cheers all.

I have a strange one, dont know if this is related or not..

My aircon is normally very cold, so cold you normally have to turn it off.

Other day I noticed it suddenly just started blowing regular temp air.. then after about 20 min of driving I got my cold air back.

Parked the car up, got back in and air was cold.. then went to normal air about 10 min later... then within 5 minutes it went back to cold again

and has been fine since...

• 2 months later...

Just had a look at the blend door server motor since my aircon isn't cold but the rod is all the way in. When I crank the heat up to 32 the motor doesn't move out but when I pull the rod out manually it blows really hot air. So even though the motor doesn't move it's not the cause of not blowing cool air, I think it's low on gas. I tried to wriggle the wiring loom around when i have it cranked on heating and the server motor still doesn't move.

How do you do the diagnostic test on the a/c?

View the first photos in the original post. Its all explained there.

Just had a look at the blend door server motor since my aircon isn't cold but the rod is all the way in. When I crank the heat up to 32 the motor doesn't move out but when I pull the rod out manually it blows really hot air. So even though the motor doesn't move it's not the cause of not blowing cool air, I think it's low on gas. I tried to wriggle the wiring loom around when i have it cranked on heating and the server motor still doesn't move.

Sounds like the blend door servo motor connections are gone. You will need to pull it out. Its behind the headunit and climate control on the back wall. You will need to pull everything out to get to it haha.

Then you will need to unscrew it, pull out the little black box. Crack it open and re-solder the connector joints.

By the way what is the little fan on the outside of the radiator? Is that the condensor fan and when should that be running? Should it be running when the a/c is on or is that a aux fan for back up?

Guide here;

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/R3...=r32+fan+aircon

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Easiest way I found to remove the module was to pull the radio bracket with the ac/heater controls out as well, and work through the hole. After you release the rod all the screws are on the top or sides of the unit, none underneath. Unclip the harness from the little jumper cable that is mounted on the top of the module, don't unclip the connection underneath until you have it out.

Jeez I feel stupid but I can't seem to work out how to unclip the road from the servo. Tried unscrewing it but it didn't seem to work and then looked over the white plastic arm to find something to unlatch but can't see anything. What's the secret? :)