SAU Community

R34 Climate Control Panel

Vik

Hey guys, My Climate Control on the R34 stopped Illuminating itself. Im guessing that the bulb inside has decided to take a break lol.

Any info i can get on changing it ? Because it makes it a hell-a-lot hard to navigate when im driving at night and try to use the Air Con etc etc.

I only just noticed it last night lol! When the hazard button wasnt illuminated.

Cheers in advanced !!

MRXTCZ

P.S I think 666DAN has some gear to sell, but i dont know how to install it.

1. pop off your aircon vents (using flat head screwdriver and a cloth)

2. take out ashtray and undo the screw under it

3. pop off your gear surround (using flat head and cloth near handbrake)

4. under four screws (two top, two bottom, to remove the entire center console including climate control panel)

5. take off the four screws (some only have two) holding the climate control panel together.

6. disconnect the two plugs connecting the climate control panel.

7. you'll notice that there are several 'levers' to open climate control panel itself... i use a guitar pick (or three) to open without breaking any levers.

8. you'll find three twist type bulb holders. twist them to remove.

9. insert new bulbs (t10 i think, not sure though). Or make some new led ones up, by pushing the legs through the two little holes in the bulb holder.

10. check to see if they light up. when it's all back together.

reverse process to install again.

Hope that helps.

Cheers man that was great!

Will try this arvo when i get back, need to get those T10 bulbs though, im guessing their the same for the Dash aswell.

You wouldnt know how to dismantle the dash to get to the bulbs would you :thumbsup: ?

MRXTCZ

Np's man. Dash are T5's I think... the climate control are smaller. Although you can modify the T5 led's dan sells to fit the climate control panel by bending out the legs and sticking them in.

To dismantle the dash..

1. remove the bezel around the dash cluster.

2. unscrew the four screws (two top and two bottom i think).

3. drop the steering wheel to it's lowest point.

4. slowly pull towards the cluster towards you.

5. with your hands, reach in from behind and unclip the 3 or 4 looms connecting itself to the cluster.

6. with all looms disconnected from the cluster, try to pull left (in between the steering wheel) to remove.

7. replace all the appropriate bulbs (make sure they work, as led's have polarity).

reverse to reinstall.

Dude, your a legend man!

Thanks for the info *Bookmarks Page*

This is gonna' be needed next week fo sure!

Cheers!

MRXTCZ

P.S Any Confirmation on what size the Bulbs are .. T5 or T10 ?

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 years later...

Hey guys sorry to dig up a old thread just don't want to make another one, I got this kit and my dash lights aren't that bright? its like a dimmed dark blue, what could the cause be.

Interestingly a mate of mine bought some dash LED's for his cluster and they were very dim too, but in red. Wonder if it's an issue with this recent batch of LED's?

I got A/C control LED's from 666DAN and they were perfect (in red), very bright.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

sorry to dig up an old thread. I am based out in the UK and have the same problem and would like to replace my blown bulbs but would like to install the original colour back in. Also i have tried to take the blue plastic cap off the blown bulb and have not been able to do this successfully as it seems the blue cap has been caked onto the bulb from continuous use and age. If someone knows the part number for the original part i would rather prefer that. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you

IMG_9150.jpg

Edited by bhp