SAU Community

Skyline Charity Cruise 2008

Rhinorebel

It is that time of the year again!

The SCC08 will be held on Sunday the 16th of November starting from the Aspley Hypermarket car park at 10am.

To attend this event and be counted in the tally, the rules are these.

1. You must have a car that fits into 2 out of 3 categories

a. Nissan

b. Skyline

c. Rb powered

The only exceptions to this rule are the Stagea M35 and any car that has contacted the organisers (Events Committee) and sought permission for exemption from the '2 out of 3 rule'

2. You will abide by all road rules. Any breaking of these rules will be met with severe penalties (movie quote!!)

The Police have been informed of this cruise and it's intentions. Don't be surprised if we see a few boys in blue on the day.

Anti-social behaviour will also not be tolerated. We are here for a good time and if you dislike someones choice of car, colour or hairstyle even... Keep it to yourself and play nice.

3. This is a Charity Cruise to raise awareness and funds for Men's Health. For various reasons, the health of men in general does not have the same profile or community support as that of women or children. Things like testicular/prostate cancer, anger issues, alcoholism, depression and diabetes affect an awful lot of men, but they just don't receive the same kind of public attention as breast cancer, SIDS, cervical cancer, PCOS, cystic fibrosis, or cerebral palsy. There's still a bit of a social stigma about men's health, despite the vast majority of us knowing men who suffer from health issues, and we'd like to see that change.

4. You will be social and mingle when we reach our destination for lunch. A BBQ and drinks will be on hand with proceeds going to our chosen Charity.

There will be a Show n' Shine with prizes at the final venue. A raffle or two will be run as well with prizes provided by the club's sponsors.

We have a large area for our day and we will have room for a few games of cricket or football as well. But be aware that shade is minimal. Sunscreen and hats people!!!!!!

Some FAQ's

The trip will be about 140km in length from Aspley to the destination. There is a Servo near our final destination so if everyone has a full tank at the start, no one will need to stop (hopefully)

We will be on the Highway for some of this Cruise and the way to stay together is as follows. The lead car will keep to the left and travel at no more than 90kph on the highway. This car will maintain the lead throughout so please don't overtake it.

Maps will be provided at Aspley (a donation would be appreciated in return) The destination is always a closely guarded secret and we try to keep it that way.

There are some nice roads on the Cruise and we have endeavored to keep everyone happy with the length and type of roads on the Cruise.

If you have a UHF radio, please bring it. Channel 16 is the preferred channel but will be verified on the day.

We are looking at 100+ cars on this Cruise and as such, the organisation will be flexible to try and get everyone out of the carpark and formed up on the highway as quickly and easily as we can.

Anyone who wishes to take photos and/or video, there will be one stop on the Cruise to catch everyone up after we leave the Highway. Tell us at the Aspley meet of your intention to video and we will give you all possible help to get good footage of the event.

We will add to this post as we think of more. Check back nearer the date to see if any changes have been necessary.

Dave Balmer

Rhinorebel

President

SAU Qld

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do i go about the special permission for exemption? As if i come i would like to bring my F31 Leopard which does run all the same suspension, brakes, diff, floor pan & turret as a HR31 Skyline.

Heres a pic.

IMG_3988.jpg

Carl

How do i go about the special permission for exemption? As if i come i would like to bring my F31 Leopard which does run all the same suspension, brakes, diff, floor pan & turret as a HR31 Skyline.

Heres a pic.

IMG_3988.jpg

Carl

Carl, you have my permission to join us. That car is beautiful and needs to be on display.

What engine is in it??