SAU Community

Skyline Charity Cruise 2008

Rhinorebel

Awesome awesome awesome, I couldn't have been happier with the turnout, and as a whole, I must say that skyline owner's girlfriends are a rather attractive bunch. Oh and ofcourse the owners themselves :P

+1 to that...swear i wasnt checking any of them out :P .

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think more people should have taken those free dvds. Im watching it at the moment, it's pretty good.

oh I'm glad they're good! I was hoping more people would have taken them, but I know that guys are a little shy about that kinda thing so oh wells.

+1 to that...swear i wasnt checking any of them out :P .

whatever you say...... but I saw you giving me the eye :P :P

Hey, sorry for the late post...

I came home with Chris (pear) and raced home (not far from his house) to beat the storm. I got home, within 3 minutes we were hit with gail force winds and heavy rain. I have trees everywhere the whole estate is a mess, and about 30 seconds after it started we lost all power. The power didnt come back on til 4am the following morning. So we were without power for 12 or so hours. Hence no posts or photos etc...

Then I backed it up yesterday with a 16 hour work day, so I've just got home (with power now :D ) and Im currently processing all the photos (from RAW to Jpg). I should have most up this everning hopefully, and a little youtube clip of all the cars entering the paddock...

Stay tuned, give me an hour or two... :)

btw, what is that guy's name? I was only informed right at the very end after everyone had left that there was a guy from Kingaroy, I wanted to see if I knew him!!!

Kade, I was driving the R32 4Door with the car bra, my mate Jack won the raffle.We both looked the same colour as the car by the end of the the day(worth every fried skin cell).

Hey, sorry for the late post...

I came home with Chris (pear) and raced home (not far from his house) to beat the storm. I got home, within 3 minutes we were hit with gail force winds and heavy rain. I have trees everywhere the whole estate is a mess, and about 30 seconds after it started we lost all power. The power didnt come back on til 4am the following morning. So we were without power for 12 or so hours. Hence no posts or photos etc...

Then I backed it up yesterday with a 16 hour work day, so I've just got home (with power now :D ) and Im currently processing all the photos (from RAW to Jpg). I should have most up this everning hopefully, and a little youtube clip of all the cars entering the paddock...

Stay tuned, give me an hour or two... :)

Noice - looking forward to those shots Col!

Kade, I was driving the R32 4Door with the car bra, my mate Jack won the raffle.We both looked the same colour as the car by the end of the the day(worth every fried skin cell).

your prizes have arrived btw. I'll ship them via courier in the morn.

that was the highlight of my day so funny

my arms, an neck are like fluro red/pink. it feels so pretty.

thanks guys it t'was quite fun.

altho the rain when i got home ruined everything i own. grrr.

bloody roof leaked. so that ruined my day

Yeah i hate motorcyclists that speed right past u in a jam. All u need is some1 to open theiir door... or swerve.. hehehe. and ur gone :banana:

Cruise was way too hot! but yeah was still good :P

So who was the person in the 33 taking photos along the highway and then the person at the entrance to the paddock taking pics?

Ive been around a while but havent really been active for ages so dont know who is who

Edited by redlineR31

Noice - looking forward to those shots Col!

Yeah I noticed the other thread in the main section for pics, so ill post them in there...

I wont do all of them as there is hundreds, just a summary of pics... About 50 should do...

The rest will be resized and put into a quick youtube clip...

and then the person at the entrance to the paddock taking pics?

Yeah that was me, Ill have pic's in the main "post your SCC pics and videos here" thread in a few hours...

Its taken 5 hours to process the images thus far and photobucket is quick slow to upload to as it resizes the images from 23mb to 1mb and theres like 50 photos to do...

As for all the cars coming into the paddock, ill resize them and put them into the youtube clip... As there was over 100 cars...

Also there are a few images and a quick write up going to HPI, I will let you know what issue to look out for...

Yeah that was me, Ill have pic's in the main "post your SCC pics and videos here" thread in a few hours...

Its taken 5 hours to process the images thus far and photobucket is quick slow to upload to as it resizes the images from 23mb to 1mb and theres like 50 photos to do...

Now that's an oxymoron I haven't seen before! :D

Ladies and Gentlemen, without further ado, I will make known to all that the 2008 SCC has made $1700 for our chosen charity, Men's Health.

I would sincerely like to thank our Sponsors, who donated prizes and consumables to make every dollar count towards our donation.

Bring on 2009 where I want to see 130+ Skylines at the final destination.

Anyone with ideas for the route and final destination, please forward them to me via PM.

Thanks to all who attended and behaved themselves.

Dave.

Ladies and Gentlemen, without further ado, I will make known to all that the 2008 SCC has made $1700 for our chosen charity, Men's Health.

I would sincerely like to thank our Sponsors, who donated prizes and consumables to make every dollar count towards our donation.

Bring on 2009 where I want to see 130+ Skylines at the final destination.

Anyone with ideas for the route and final destination, please forward them to me via PM.

Thanks to all who attended and behaved themselves.

Dave.

That's awesome! Good work SauQld.

Another great day, planned and executed to perfection by our fantastic exec and events team.

Sure it was hot but who cares when your surrounded by cool people who will offer any help they can, like the guy who overheard me talking about the problem with my hicas (sorry i didnt catch your name) and took the time to walk through the hot sun and look into red hot engine bays just to show me a wire connector that may be causing me problems.

Its not just the execs huge amount of work that makes a good day, not that the considerable time and effort you guys put in doesnt help but its the friendship and Skyline community spirit that we all add that makes these events one of the best ways to spend a weekend that i can think of.

So thanks to everyone for a great day.

Hey guys, I've been away most of the week, so first chance to catch up after the cruise.

Big thanks to the Execs for your efforts!!!

Big thanks to other people that jumped in and helped out of the day!!!

Big thanks to the major sponsors, Chris (Audio Express) always comes up with great prizes for the raffle, Dan (Elite Racing Developments) for the 2nd prize AND HIRING THE SHOWGROUNGS for us.

I cooked a few more snags than planned. sorry for the delays to those that were kept waiting.

There was some great cars on display and the pics are looking good.

I see there is a few comments about holding the event in a cooler month. after standing near that bbq, I agree

Thanks to everyone for supporting the day!!

See you at the Drag Day on the 20th Dec.

Cheers