SAU Community

Guilt-toy Now Running On E85 !

it is a old model engine from the leaded era, noticed my top end was getting a bit noisy since i went to e85...

after using this stuff it got alot better and the exhaust smells nice, a few people told me they love the smell.. hahhaa.

has a cheery / candy smell to it!

• 3 years later...

Did you know.... The first production car the Ford Model T 1908 was flex fuel compatible ? It could run just as good on ethanol as did on gasoline. There was a brass knob on the right side of the steering wheel that the driver could change depending on what fuel he was using, it was linked to a mixture screw on the carby. so awesome.... Ford!

Image may contain: car and outdoor

• Like 3

• 5 months later...
On 12/23/2013 at 10:41 PM, Birds said:

The extent of my E85 supporting mods are my 040, Nismo 555s, Z32 and PFC.

Have been running it for 3-4 months without issue. Just running a standard Ryco inline filter and standard fuel lines...thought this was fine as long as you changed them with your oil filters :/

Birds - I've looked for a build thread, what did your injectors/pump top out at running E85?

7 hours ago, Chris32 said:

Birds - I've looked for a build thread, what did your injectors/pump top out at running E85?

275rwkw is what we got to with plenty of headroom on an honest dyno. I would probably say 300rwkw is a safe max limit for 555 on E85. Anything more and I would be considering 740 or 1000. The 040 pump can handle a fair bit more power before you’d want to switch to a high flower or twin pump setup.

I did eventually change my fuel hoses (some of them anyway) for E85 compatible ones because the factory ones developed a minor leak - after 25 years running for 6 of those years with a fuel that is harsh on rubber, it’s to be expected.

Hope that helps.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi all , long long time since I've been in this thread .

A while back now I gave up on Caltex EFlex and returned to 98 . The current plan when I can find time is to convert my R33's inlet manifold to the Neo T one and get into 3/4 length EV14 injectors . I want to try the split /twin spray ones that are supposed to spray at each inlet throat/valve rather than at the centre port divider . From previous research it seems that the highest flowing twin spray 3/4 length EV14's are from Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 models . AFAIK there are 500/550/630cc versions available and you'd think being emissions compliant cars that these injectors would atomise pretty well . Just on this the 2020 Shelby GT500 is getting a 5.2L intercooled supercharged 750 odd Hp V8 and it's retaining port fuel injection so there may be a larger split spray injector available soon .

Anyhow I'm curious to know what sort of power people think a 630 to 650cc injector could make in an RB25 on E70/85 .

Cheers from Adrian .

Edited by discopotato03

• 4 months later...

Hey Disco

You have to think that because the ford is a v8,  it has 2 more injectors so you can make more power with a smaller injector.

We have 6 cyl's last time i checked,  so we need a bigger injector.  

How do you think the 4 cyl's feel,  those guys have to run 2000cc injectors when you start getting serious with e85,  my fj20 runs the 2000's and ive seen 80% duty cycle on e85. (43psi boost)

Birds: i really do not agree about getting 300kw on 550cc injectors on e85.  I remember running out of flow at 300kw on 740's on several occations.  It also depends what the ethanol content is too.

On 10/3/2019 at 6:43 PM, Birds said:

275rwkw is what we got to with plenty of headroom on an honest dyno. I would probably say 300rwkw is a safe max limit for 555 on E85. Anything more and I would be considering 740 or 1000. The 040 pump can handle a fair bit more power before you’d want to switch to a high flower or twin pump setup.

I did eventually change my fuel hoses (some of them anyway) for E85 compatible ones because the factory ones developed a minor leak - after 25 years running for 6 of those years with a fuel that is harsh on rubber, it’s to be expected.

Hope that helps.

Just to update, my setup is making 280 with the 550's and a Walbro 460 in tank pump. The HKS 2535 is a great street turbo with E85

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Hey guys,  

Just wondering what price are you paying at the pump for United e85 at the moment?

So bit of a price check,  just let us know your location and how much it costs.

Newcastle NSW - $2.19 

$2.19 seems to be the going rate here in Melbourne ATM too. However the United in Braeside s.e Melbourne suburbs, which has been recently rebranded to Astron fuel has always been cheaper than other United's. 

Last week when I filled up there was $1.97, I just did a fuel spy check and currently showing as $2.06 

Braeside Astron VIC $2.06

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/10/2023 at 9:05 AM, Guilt-Toy said:

Hey guys,  

Just wondering what price are you paying at the pump for United e85 at the moment?

So bit of a price check,  just let us know your location and how much it costs.

Newcastle NSW - $2.19 

$2.50/L in Perth