SAU Community

aircon needs regassing.

sinisteR32

well in Japan they have a differne type of gas than is used over here!! the aircon can be filled with normal gas no worries, just have to pay extra to dispose of the old gas!! But should have been swapped over during compliance!

retro fit is not part of complience.

R12 is not illegal to use.it is for sale.and can be used.WHY BOTHER.i havnt seen a can that needed it.if the pressurse were funny/high it mostlikly needed a newTX valves and replacments are R134A set.

to retro fit you replace the reciever dryer[filter] and the new ones are R134A compatible.service valves adaptors[not needed].

OIL[important] if you use other oils or drop in gasses these can effect hoses and orings and worse clean out the scum on the inside the pipes from the old gass and cheep oil.

if you use PAG type oil you dont.its a good idea to replace oring anyway as high pressure tend to melt them.

R12 is over $100 a kg [about the amount you need]

R134A is around $10-25 KG and good oil is up to $40.[need 150/200 ml.

WHY BOTHER with blend gas or hydrocarbon..

panel shops and electricians use all sorts of fad gasses.these still have R12 in them.SP43F is from memory flavour of the month.This is very good in houshold goods im told.

the problem is the oil.ROCK OIL is the common type and aunty ESTER. VERY GOOD IN FRIDGES.

if they were good in cars then the factory would use them.

speaking of regassing, ive got an R33.. takes R134A.. Got it regassed as it started to heat up at the start of last summer.. I use AC only every now and then (robs power) - thought today I would chuck it on AC as it was quite a nice day, and its barely cold :D

the idea of climate control is you leave it turned on.

when not in use it will leakout.compressor seals ect.

6 months.I would say you got a leaking bit,have a good look for oil stain on pipes and conections.oil on the front hub of compressor will indicate shaft seal.

its normal to get small leaks on the cold side of a/c.as they are cold/wet most of the time corrosion and cracks are comon.

ive replace evaporators TX valves and compressors on R33.

leaks on the high pressure sise are normally works today stuffed tommorrow.

• 2 weeks later...