SAU Community

Newcastle And Central Coast Skyline Spotted Thread

-Jimmy-

haha... well it was a secret to me.. full time operations are over rated... a mate of mine went into it... the shit he went through to make it work... and he still hasnt made it profitable as like you say, the money just isnt around here.. he was better off just doing cashies in his garage. there is a list of tools that a workshop must have, it must be a licenced place for a workshop, and the oh&s crap that comes into it.. not to mention all the book work etc.

its sad isnt it... you hear and read about all these hardcore little workshops and race tracks scattered around japan... hours and hours from nowhere... and with some of the most insane machines and a very tight knit crew.... that will never happen here.. people just dont seem to be that passionate... who wants to travel to scone in the hunter valley to get some work done and have some good fun touge runs... not many i bet.

australians have a more hands on approach... everyone has a mate, or knows a guy, who works on this and can get anything cheaper than anyone is selling it for. and because we have shit rules and shit roads... whats the point in spending money on parts and labour of good quality products when you can get a truck turbo, cut down truck core, and a plane fuel pump and have a stonking amount of power for the price of an ebc unit.

australians just cant match the japanese for car tuning... we are good, but everything they do is spot on.

Ok then, looks like the trips to Sydney for work and tuning will always be the case.

Mark Jacobsen (Godzilla Motorsport) often comes down and tunes my car and others. We use a brand new Mainline 4WD dyno and book in a few cars in a day so flying him down from Brisbane is economical...costs are shared between the group. Works out cheaper than going to Sydney and in my opinion his tunes are safer.

Edited by DiRTgarage